Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections

tag
Eberron
Established Member

Medical collections

So I have been working on my credit after trolling here for a bit. I have some medical collections on my cr that I recently found out were never submitted to my ins. My ins has informed me that its past the time for the bill to be paid. It seems that the bills fell thru the cracks. The provider submitted some of them  but not all and now its too late for them to file the ones they missed. The ins says that "I don't owe anything. That the provider is in breech of contract". Can they continue to list these bills on my cr? How do I go about getting them removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Medical collections

You need to call and discuss with the manager and explain what your insurance company said.  If they were an In Network Provider and failed to bill, then I don't think they could or legally should, have sent it to collections.  (In house? Or sent to CA?) - if the billing manager will not assist you, then write a letter, sent CMRRR to the Medical Director,  Be sure to cite and source what your ins. company said.  Have your ins. company send you a copy of their contract with in-network providers.

Otherwise, call your ins. commisioner for your state.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.