Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections

Question - is the Hippa process a valid thing? Seems like it would fall into the to good to be true category? Just exploring my options
While I wait for DV from the CA
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical collections

@Anonymous wrote:
Question - is the Hippa process a valid thing? Seems like it would fall into the to good to be true category? Just exploring my options

No idea on the HIPAA thing. (two As, one P if you plan to use it in a letter though Smiley Happy )

It has been my experience however, that you can often call the original creditor (hospital, dr office etc) and offer to pay them in full if they recall the account from collections and have the negative deleted.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops I mess that up a lot. Thanks on the spelling correction.

I may contact the hospital directly and see what I can do. I am just worried that if I pay the debt to the OC I won't be able to get the CA off my back? They claim I have 18 accts with them - all of which if sent a DV for. Most of these accts are for small amounts however they post to my CR individually even though most are the exact same DOS - giving birth and preterm labor bills. Fun stuff. I am trying to plan my next move once I hear back from the CA on the DV requests
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one, paid the CA and then a week later called and told them they were violating Hipaa due to the dr specialty being reported. They said they couldn't delete it but 3 weeks later, it's gone from all 3 CRs
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add, everyone says you shouldn't call, do everything in writing, I wasn't keen to this when I did it.
Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

We are not allowed to discuss the HIPAA Process on this board, I would suggest that you contact its creator for help with the medical collections if the DVs do not gain you deletions.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not meaning to step on toes. Just wondering if it's too good to be true. I don't have any questions about the process. Just wanted to hear from others who may or may not have tried it.... again not trying to violate TOS. sorry. 

Message 7 of 9
redwings2013
Established Member

@notfancy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No idea on the HIPAA thing. (two As, one P if you plan to use it in a letter though Smiley Happy )

It has been my experience however, that you can often call the original creditor (hospital, dr office etc) and offer to pay them in full if they recall the account from collections and have the negative deleted.

Thanks for the information.  Did you get the deletion agreement in writing fromt he OC?

Has anyone else had success with this technique? 

Thank you.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oops I mess that up a lot. Thanks on the spelling correction.

I may contact the hospital directly and see what I can do. I am just worried that if I pay the debt to the OC I won't be able to get the CA off my back? They claim I have 18 accts with them - all of which if sent a DV for. Most of these accts are for small amounts however they post to my CR individually even though most are the exact same DOS - giving birth and preterm labor bills. Fun stuff. I am trying to plan my next move once I hear back from the CA on the DV requests

That sort of stuff irritates me to no end! If you go to a hospital for something you should get ONE bill, not a dozen or more. If I go to a grocery store I don't pay a separate bill for each item do I?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.