cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections...

tag
cantwinde

Medical collections...

Working on clearing up a few medical collections I have on my credit report in order to apply for a mortgage. I currently have 3 medical collections on my report. All are from 2015. 2 are from the same collection company, purchased from a local hospital (where I also work lol). The 3rd is from a different collection company but also purchased from the same hospital. 

Trying to figure out the best way to handle these accounts They aren't very high $$, but I would really like to have them deleted once paid. And settled for less if at all possible.... I have worked with 1 of these companies in the past and they refused to do PFD. 

I was told by my mortgage officer to contact the collection company, tell them I am in the process of filing Chapter 7 (which isn't true, I filed chap 7 4 years ago), and wish to settle these accounts prior to filing out of good faith...She said they should realize they should take what they can get then... once paid or settled, we can dispute on the credit report and they should get deleted.

Think this will work? 

I need to get a mortgage approval asap, so really don't want to do anything to prolong ...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical collections...

what collections companies you dealing with your medicals?

Message 2 of 10
cantwinde

2 are with BYL collections and the other is with Revenue Collect. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need them off to get the loan or do you just need them paid?

Message 4 of 10
cantwinde

Ideally off, I need the extra boost to my score....about 15 points shy of where I need to be at the moment. Mortgage company said they need to be paid atleast if not.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first some of my medicals collection company said they would not delete but I paid two of them and within about 3-4 weeks later i never saw them again on my report...I would pay them and than see how it goes from there

Message 6 of 10
cantwinde

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

There has been a lot of success getting collections deleted on here. Worth a shot.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
cantwinde

So after speaking with the hospital today regarding the collection accounts. They told me I can still pay the balance in full to them directly, and they in turn will notify the collection agencies. 

They said if I wanted to set up a payment plan, I would have to do so with the collection agency.

So...do I pay in full with the hospital and pray the collection agency removes them, rather than marking them as paid? 

Or do I attempt to PFD with the collection agency instead?

At this point I am very close to getting my score where I need it to be. This is my credit report in a nutshell..

Chapter 7 bankruptcy; discharged 11/2012

Auto loan Citadel Financial; balance 33106 opened 10 months ago; never late

Auto Loan Gateway One Financial: Balance 22100 opened 24 months ago; never late

Capital One Card: limit 750/balance 730 1 late payment 8/14

Capital One Card: limit 600/balance 300 never late

Medical Collections: 2 accounts for $150/each and another for $91.

This week I have about $800 to apply towards getting something off my report. I had orginally planned on paying down the balances on both credit cards to get my utilization down. I know this should bump up my score a bit.

Do you think I would see a bigger increase by doing that or getting the collections paid/removed???

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally,  I'd get the Cap1 card with the 750 limit paid off because you're getting dinged twice.  Once for having all your cards reporting a balance and again for having a maxed out card. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.