cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical debt from Collection agency being unresponsive

tag
Bluez

Medical debt from Collection agency being unresponsive

I have been rebuilding my credit report for the past month. I am having a issue with a Collection agency that is basically being unresponsive. They currently have 3 accounts that they are showing on 2 of my credit reports. Transunion I was able to get them to take them off finally. I guess at least one of the Credit bureaus are doing there job and investigating. I have sent DV letters to the Collection agency and the only thing I received is a one page paper with my parents insurance information on it and my social. On one of the accounts they didn't send anything at all. The amounts are are actually really small so I thought I would send them a PFD letter to which I get no response also. I then send one last letter asking them to send me a proper DV  and I receive nothing from them again. I then take my case to the Credit agency's with copies of my letters and my transunion report. First EQ sends me a letter stating that they weren't able to find my report and another letter stating that they have placed a fraud alert on my account. They then send a letter to transunion and EX to do the same. (Im actually happy that they did that since it will stop the fraud happening on my credit report). I then send them another letter verifying my identity. I then get a letter stating that they will only delete one of the Collection agency accounts from my report. The sad thing is that none of the information on the 2 reports even match, yet the Credit agency is saying that the have validated and verified the accounts.  I have not received the response from EX yet I hope they actually do their job and remove these accounts. Is there anything I can do any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical debt from Collection agency being unresponsive

Are they your debts or your parents?

A CA is not required to respond to a DV they just cannot continue collection activity until they do,

Message 2 of 8
Bluez

I don't think my parents have it ether but I never asked them and no there not mine. Are they able to post on my credit report if they have not validated my debt? Since I have not received a response from them after I sent the second  and third letter. 

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they posted before you sent a DV yes   But if they are unable to validate they should remove the TL.

If they are not your debts you can file an FTC Fraud Affidavit, along with a police report and send them to the CRAs and have the block the account.

Have you tried contacting the OC to see what they have to say first?

Message 4 of 8
Bluez

The only thing it shows on my credit report is 

SW FL ER PHYS.-23

and 

LEE CTY EMRG MED SVCS-GROUND

Im not sure how I would be able to contact them, since this is the only infomration that is shown by the collection company. 

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The first one looks like SW Florida ER Physicians

The second one Lee City Emergency Medical Services - Ground.  Maybe an ambulance.

Have you ever been to there?  You can google and see what you find as a number.

Message 6 of 8
Bluez

I have just filled out the FTC Fraud affidavit Im going to be heading to the police station in the next few days. So I have to send them this information and request that they take it off my credit report and block it. Will I also be able to request that they give me all the documents that they have recieved from their 'investigations' ? because i have a feeling that they are not doing there job. 

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CRAs will block others from seeing it but it will be in your file.

You also send those papers to each of the 2 OCs listed and ask for documentation from them.  To cover all bases send them to the CA also,

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.