cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical in collection paid off and no score boost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical in collection paid off and no score boost?

Hi everyone just curios as I had a medical bill in collection and did a pay to delete and as promise it was removed but i dont see any jumps in my credit score? 

Do collections from medicals have little to no weight in terms of how it affects your scores?

I have had 1-2 things removed (on collection)  and instantly jumped 10-20 points 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical in collection paid off and no score boost?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone just curios as I had a medical bill in collection and did a pay to delete and as promise it was removed but i dont see any jumps in my credit score? 

Do collections from medicals have little to no weight in terms of how it affects your scores?

I have had 1-2 things removed (on collection)  and instantly jumped 10-20 points 

There is no difference in weight due to it being medical. It might take a few days for any monitoring service to catch it and if there are other derogs there may not be a rise, your whole report is taken into consideration when something is removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.