Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical judgement in VA *Update*

tag
Nettieinva
Valued Member

Medical judgement in VA *Update*

*update* Well this is the darndest thing.  Called TU today to see about having the judgement removed. The rep said it's not no my report? I got the report from here last month and showed up on a lender pull end of January and could see it on both. So I came back here and logged on and requested another report and it's gone. I have no idea how that happened. ?? I'm not complaining but I also don't think it helped my score. But at least it's gone. It's not on Equifax and I don't know about Experian. I need to pull Experian to see if it still shows up on there. I'm just completely perplexed. I didn't dispute it or anything. Just called the Hospital last week.

Hi all, I had a medical judgement and immediately paid it. It doesn't show satisfied or anything on my credit. The case was dismissed. Is that the same thing as vacating? Should I send a copy of the online info showing it was dismissed? It seems like if it was dismissed it shouldn't be on there?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical judgement in VA

Dismissed is like it never happened.  It needs to be removed from your CR.

My question is how could you have a judgment you paid that was dismissed?  Did you get your money back?

Message 2 of 12
Nettieinva
Valued Member

No never got money back. I think I paid it as soon as I got the court notice. I called the hospital and they sent me a copy of it showing it was dismissed. So I should just send to the CRA's? I no longer live in the state where it happened.
Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It doesn't matter where it happened.  Yes, just send copies of it to the CRAs and hopefully that will take care of it.

Message 4 of 12
Nettieinva
Valued Member

Thanks Guiness!
Message 5 of 12
Nettieinva
Valued Member

*update* Well this is the darndest thing. Called TU today to see about having the judgement removed. The rep said it's not no my report? I got the report from here last month and it showed up on a lender pull end of January and could see it on both. So I came back here and logged on and requested another report and it's gone. I have no idea how that happened. ?? I'm not complaining but I also don't think it helped my score. But at least it's gone. It's not on Equifax and I don't know about Experian. I need to pull Experian to see if it still shows up on there. I'm just completely perplexed. I didn't dispute it or anything. Just called the Hospital last week.
Message 6 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sounds like the hospital took care of it.after you called. Good for YOUSmiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 12
Nettieinva
Valued Member

Guiness so far no, it didn't update. If anything, it was maybe 3 points?. It's only gone up 3 points since Feb 22. It's at 595 right now. TU is about 50 points lower than my EQ and I really am hoping to get that TU up very soon. I never received a score watch that it was removed either. So I'm confused.

I'm sure happy it's gone, even though I didn't really get a bump. I almost feel like I'm losing it and it's on there somewhere but I keep lookin at the old report and see it and now it's gone. It's not on EQ or Experian either.

Message 9 of 12
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

no need to be confused, scorewatch doesnt update when something is deleted  Smiley Sad  unfortunately

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.