Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical judgment

tag
WildTurkey
Valued Member

Medical judgment

I wrote a letter to the attorney who represented the OC in 2 separate judgments against me. In the letter, I asked if the total amount could be reduced so it would be easier for me to pay. And I asked about a payment plan. The attorney responded with the total amount for the 2 judgments, plus interest, and asked me to contact him to set up a payment plan. Before I received his response, I also wrote a letter to the hospital (the OC in both cases) to ask if they can forgive some of the debt and if I could set up a payment plan with them. I haven't received a response from the hospital yet, but it hasn't been that long.

My wife is actually the one who wrote the letter to the hospital because she has 2 judgments with them against her as well, AND a collection account. Our total debt is about $6700, not including interest and fees. She had asked to make a payment plan for the total amount of all our accounts. How likely is it that the hospital will respond? Do I let the attorney know that I contacted the hospital as well, or do I just wait for a response?

Starting Score (4/16/12 lender pull): TU 564 | EX 504 | EQ 522
Current Score (7/24/13 lender pull): TU 677 | EX 627 | EQ 580; 4/6/14 - TU 720 | EX - 683 | EQ 649
Goals: DONE. Homeowner as of 9/27/13. No apps until 2016. Last app 7/16/2014 (auto)

Total Rewards Visa ($7.5k); Barclaycard Ring ($5k); Chase Sapphire ($5k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); Walmart Discover ($2.5k); Amazon Store ($1.9k); Amex BCE ($1k); NFL Ravens Visa ($750)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical judgment

Since the OC has an attorney they may just tell you to deal with them but, they could accept payments.  It depends on the terms set up with the attorney.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.