Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical office admit mistake but wont recall collection

tag
joinme
Contributor

Medical office admit mistake but wont recall collection

I was about to refinance my car when I decide to pull my report it dropped 100pts, I was shock to find a  recent collections for $40 from a medical group, I looked it up online and found that it was my eye doctor that bill under that group, I never heard of them. I went to the office to ask for an explanation why I did not receive a bill or phone call  and after looking at my file the biller was embarras and apologize for sending me 5 bills to an old address i had not live at in 5 years, she said to wait and she will contact the collection agency and try to remove it. two days later experian sent me an update saying Paid collections, I went through the roof! what should i do next? I have a Nice letter waiting to be mailed to her, its not rude I really mean nice asking her to have it removed from my credit report, I called the CA and they said she never ask them to removed it just update as paid.Experian reinvestigate and updated it as paid/closed, please help me-ANS 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MissWadadli

Re: Medical office admit mistake but wont recall collection

Time to send the nice letter, certified mail, registered receipt.

Send to both the office manager and the doctor and request that the action be corrected (remove collection paid and the original entry from your report).  Be sure to include the original issue, when you spoke with her, the subsequent action that followed, what should have occurred, the impact, and how you want it remedied.  Make sure that the letter states that the debt is not yours, as was discussed, and if they are now contending that it is, you want proof of the debt.  Once it arrives, follow up with a call a week later.  Give them one month from the time they receive to remove, then next step....contact credit bureaus and dispute. 

Message 2 of 3
joinme
Contributor

Re: Medical office admit mistake but wont recall collection

thank you! I will send the letters out monday 17th and I was also thinking of contacting the BBB because the Dr is part of a Group and I know they don't want trouble over $40, should I wait and see what happens first?-ANS 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.