Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical question

I have negotiated all my non medical baddies to come off and all but 2 have been removed thus far.

I have one medical that was paid by me 2-years ago at a negotiated settlement to the CA. The local CA has no problem removing it but the OC has refused to allow it. I was unaware of HIPPA at the time and paid the CA about half of what was due.

Here are the details:

Original Creditor: XXXXX PSYCHOTHERAPY 
Date Opened: 10/2006

Date of Status: 12/2006

Reported Since: 10/2006

Last Reported Date: 12/2006
Credit Limit: $566
Creditor's Statement:
Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.  

Account History:

Collection as of Oct 2006
Creditor cannot locate individual from Dec 26, 2006 to Dec 26, 2006

What should / can I do about this? I previously confirmed the account was mine, and it was. I previously verified I was responsible for it, and I was. I recently offered to pay the remaining balance of the total amount that was due to the OC in exchange for allowing the CA to delete and have not heard back.

I am a bit concerned that the name of the creditor indicates a psychiatric condition / treatment...

Thanks  in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical question

Anyone able to help with this one? I don't think I can HIPPA since I made a negotiated settlement payment to the CA previously..

Thanks!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.