Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicredit reported multiple times to BU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medicredit reported multiple times to BU

I have 3 collections currently showing from MediCredit. I call them and the balance they gave was higher than reported on my CR. They also claim they no longer "delete" the entries because they're from physicians and said I could file a dispute. They also would not mail me a detailed invoice just a total statement amount. Question - can I dispute this to have this total statement show up as one entry on my CR? I should at least be entitled to know the OC to these. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medicredit reported multiple times to BU

@Anonymouswrote:

I have 3 collections currently showing from MediCredit. I call them and the balance they gave was higher than reported on my CR. They also claim they no longer "delete" the entries because they're from physicians and said I could file a dispute. They also would not mail me a detailed invoice just a total statement amount. Question - can I dispute this to have this total statement show up as one entry on my CR? I should at least be entitled to know the OC to these. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

No it will not show as one. Medical places send a bill for each unit and each is considered a separate debt. Ridiculous but its the way it is. The CA is going to add interest to the unpaid amounts so that is the difference. If they just started reporting you can DV them. Typically with medicals this is the order to go after them.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.