Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicredit reporting on my credit report after I paid the OC

tag
mango52
New Visitor

Medicredit reporting on my credit report after I paid the OC

I had 4 small balances at a previous doctors office from 2011. I pulled my CR and saw that Medicredit was collecting on these 4 items. I called the doctor's office and paid them immediately on 10/24/2011. The problem is now that Medicredit is reporting this as a paid collection. I would like to get them to remove it entirely from my CR. ANy thoughts on what to do here to successfully get this removed? I never even spoke with MC or had any type of relationship with them. Thanks for your help! Trying to improve my credit score by 50 points this year!!!! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Medicredit reporting on my credit report after I paid the OC

@mango52 wrote:

I had 4 small balances at a previous doctors office from 2011. I pulled my CR and saw that Medicredit was collecting on these 4 items. I called the doctor's office and paid them immediately on 10/24/2011. The problem is now that Medicredit is reporting this as a paid collection. I would like to get them to remove it entirely from my CR. ANy thoughts on what to do here to successfully get this removed? I never even spoke with MC or had any type of relationship with them. Thanks for your help! Trying to improve my credit score by 50 points this year!!!! 

Unfortunately, if the bills were paid after they (CA) started reporting this as a collection, shy of GW letters, not much you can do. The only thing the CA is required to do is update it as paid.

try sending them a GW letter. After all, you have nothing to lose by going that route.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.