cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediocre credit=18K credit line! YES!

tag

Mediocre credit=18K credit line! YES!

Woooooaaahhhh! I just got approved for 18K! Omg! WOW! I don't write here often but I am a lurker, but I have been repairing for AGES now. I currently only have 1 baddie on my EQ/EX, TU is clean. The baddie is from 2009 (a medical bill that I will let fall off) Other than that, everything negative has since fallen off or been PFD. I haven't owned a credit card in years due to the damage I have done. But I cleaned it up. I recently got an amazon card for $1800 that I pay off religiously and my balance never goes above $30 and I pay it off in 48hrs (had it for about 2months). I also have an auto loan from 2013 Andrews Federal for about $7500....I paid it down to about $3800 now....never missed a payment. After doing some research I decided to bite the bullet and get a grown up card and pray to the credit Gods.  And I got approved for 18K from Navy Federal Credit!!! That's so insane to go from having mutiple charge offs and collections, to cleaning it up, and going to  getting a real card, it''s an awesome feeling to be trusted again Smiley Happy

Betcha wanna know my scores, eh? Fico08 model (if that matters) 

TU=746
EQ=I don't now
EX=644 (I hate EX they're the hardest to raise) 

I bet you're wondering which one they pulled huh? I dunno yet :/ I'll let you all know when I find out, probably EQ or Trans. Also, I don't make a lot of money, only 45K

UPDATE: They pulled TU, score dropped 4 points. Also, Amazon increased my CL from 1800 to 1900, I didn't ask for this, but that was nice of them.  Also my interest rate for Navy is 9.8%

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mediocre credit=18K credit line! YES!

Congrats!!!! Man I bet that is a good feeling. Can't wait to get in that boat one day!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL funny...congrats!!!

Message 3 of 13
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Superb on you, Lightntheglass.  It is so exciting and energizing!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lightntheglass wrote:

Woooooaaahhhh! I just got approved for 18K! Omg! WOW! I don't write here often but I am a lurker, but I have been repairing for AGES now. I currently only have 1 baddie on my EQ/EX, TU is clean. The baddie is from 2009 (a medical bill that I will let fall off) Other than that, everything negative has since fallen off or been PFD. I haven't owned a credit card in years due to the damage I have done. But I cleaned it up. I recently got an amazon card for $1800 that I pay off religiously and my balance never goes above $30 and I pay it off in 48hrs (had it for about 2months). I also have an auto loan from 2013 Andrews Federal for about $7500....I paid it down to about $3800 now....never missed a payment. After doing some research I decided to bite the bullet and get a grown up card and pray to the credit Gods.  And I got approved for 18K from Navy Federal Credit!!! That's so insane to go from having mutiple charge offs and collections, to cleaning it up, and going to  getting a real card, it''s an awesome feeling to be trusted again Smiley Happy

Betcha wanna know my scores, eh? Fico08 model (if that matters) 

TU=746
EQ=I don't now
EX=644 (I hate EX they're the hardest to raise) 

I bet you're wondering which one they pulled huh? I dunno yet :/ I'll let you all know when I find out, probably EQ or Trans. Also, I don't make a lot of money, only 45K

Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I think were on the same boat.  Sometimes you need to stay away from credit to get your head straight, then you'll treat credit like cash.  Good job!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great, congrats!  I've also been given an extremely generous Venture CL just two months after chapter 13 discharge.  I plan to use it wisely and prove myself.  I will never be put in the same situation I was in 5 years ago.  Good luck to you!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great, congrats!  I've also been given an extremely generous Venture CL just two months after chapter 13 discharge.  I plan to use it wisely and prove myself.  I will never be put in the same situation I was in 5 years ago.  Good luck to you!

What was the initial CL and how much more did they give you?

Message 8 of 13

This IS the initial amount. I didn't have a card with them before Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
credgirl
Regular Contributor

Great SL! Congrats!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.