cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Card Does this mean I am denied....

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Card Does this mean I am denied....

Congrats ohamberx0 on the new account!  I got invited on this past saturday (11th) and got a CK alert that they pulled TU, *on Monday the 13th* which I figured since they SP a few months ago.  So, if I am reading this correctly, it hit your EQ *and mostly likely all 3 CR* on Tuesday the 13th?  So a total of about 4-5 days after approval it started to report as a new TL on there, is that right?

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 21 of 40
Daisy10
Valued Member

So happy, I got a call this afternoon from Merrick Bank, the credit dept. and they asked me to verify 3 security questions.  Then asked to verify my address.  For some reason they said that my adress had an apartment number after it and they could not verify my application.  Anyway after I was able to correctly answer all her questions, she put me on hold and when she came back on the phone she said, "Ok, I have you all approved.  Your credit limit is $700.00 and you should recieve your card in about 7-10 days."  I am so happy!!! I feel like I'm on my way to rebuilding!!! Thanks for everyones good wishes!

Message 22 of 40
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

YES!!!  Congrats Daisy!!!!  Did they tell you they would double your credit limit with 7 on-time payments?

CCD Util 35%

Message 23 of 40
vtskier
Valued Member

congrats on the approval!

I was in the same situation with the address, although I knew about it and called them first. The credit dept said I could just answer some questions then came back on the phone saying I'll hear from them in 5 days. Guess if I was approved she would've told me. Thanks for sharing the experience! At least I'm more assured as to the outcome for myself.

Message 24 of 40
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@Daisy10 wrote:

So happy, I got a call this afternoon from Merrick Bank, the credit dept. and they asked me to verify 3 security questions.  Then asked to verify my address.  For some reason they said that my adress had an apartment number after it and they could not verify my application.  Anyway after I was able to correctly answer all her questions, she put me on hold and when she came back on the phone she said, "Ok, I have you all approved.  Your credit limit is $700.00 and you should recieve your card in about 7-10 days."  I am so happy!!! I feel like I'm on my way to rebuilding!!! Thanks for everyones good wishes!

Congrats!!!  Just pay on time and you'll see that double!

Message 25 of 40
Daisy10
Valued Member

Yes if I make 7 on-time payments the credit line will double.  Just wasn't too thrilled about the $48.00 AF, but I still think its a good deal for me.

Message 26 of 40
Daisy10
Valued Member

I hope you have the same outcome as me.  Good Luck!

Message 27 of 40
RonelTek

I've been monitoring this thread lately, and did recieve an pre-selected offer too , which i guess i kinda seen it coming, because i seen Merrick Bank inquiry under the promotional category on my TU report, so i called in today, they verified some security questions from my report and told me i was approved. FICO is sitting at 620 on TU after my walmart approval, looking to let these cards age a bit.

Message 28 of 40
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I want the Wally world card as well, but going to wait about 3 more months before applying again

CCD Util 35%

Message 29 of 40
katiecakes
Established Member

Just a little warning in case you want to app for any more cards....Merrick bank hates new accounts/inquiries. Shortly after getting mine I recieved a letter threatening to close my account if I apped for anything else. Not to rain on your parade of course, just lettin ya know! Congrats,though!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.