Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Visa without AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank Visa without AF

Hello Everyone,

So I received pre-approval letter from Merrick Bank Visa for $1100 and it will double after 7 payments, probably sounds familiar who dealt with this bank before. No AF, no other BS fees, seems ok-ish to accept it. Does anyone have any negative experience with this bank? I heard stories about them charging AF without warning, not posting payments for extended periods of time, just bizarre rumours... I applied online was approved instantly but now having second thoughts about it Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Bank Visa without AF

I've had no problems with them.  & they are the first card I've had that just automatically boosts my line every few months without me asking.  The only reason they aren't my favorite card, is because the interest is higher than my CO cards.   I started with a pre-approval - I'm thinking it was $700 and now I'm at $2100.  Never asked for one.

I've never had a problem with my payments/posting etc.  I always pay online, and usually schedule ahead of time.  No complaints other than the interest rate... but where I was when they gave it to me, I can't blame them.  Smiley Wink

Not sure what AF is??  hmmmmm.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

AF=annual fee
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!  I should've known that.  Smiley Embarassed  But, no, I don't think my Merrick has an annual fee.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that card. It's been fine, no frills, no fees, no rewards. I don't use it a lot, items tend to post slowly and so do payments, so if you don't have to and don't want a balance reporting you need to make sure you don't use it up to a week before cut off, and get it paid. 

Besides that, it's a great card, I really like it. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that card too, since Dec 2013.

I always pay using the BillPay feature from my bank (pushing the payments)  and I get an email confirming that the payment posted the next day.  It might be because I've always made the payments from the same account, but I dont notice any delay.

I have only received one CLI for 300 since the initial one that doubled my CL within months after opening it.  Never late, never higher than 30% UTI and that was once.

I just searched every tab and link and didnt find a Luv button - is there a way to request a CLI?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had a problem with Merrick Bank. Automatic CLIs. Mine DOES have an AF, which is charged 6 dollars monthly. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see a request button either.  Sorry.  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 12
lisbonic
Valued Member

I got mine and the raised the limit as promised, no AF.  I have no complaints.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had Merrick 3 years and went from 700 to 1800 CL now   never a problem either  interest is high but PIF each month.  They seem to incease me every 6 mos or so without even asking for it..and no annual fee either.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.