Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Visa without AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Bank Visa without AF

They have been fine with me also.  I have had mine almost two years but haven't had any cli's since it was doubled in Mar of 2015.

But have never had any problems.   Used it heavy in the beginning but then was able to get better cards and only use every couple of months to show activity.  Since you got the offer for the no AF I think you'd be good to go.  Just as others said pif if at all possible because the interest is crazy if you don't.  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Bank Visa without AF

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

So I received pre-approval letter from Merrick Bank Visa for $1100 and it will double after 7 payments, probably sounds familiar who dealt with this bank before. No AF, no other BS fees, seems ok-ish to accept it. Does anyone have any negative experience with this bank? I heard stories about them charging AF without warning, not posting payments for extended periods of time, just bizarre rumours... I applied online was approved instantly but now having second thoughts about it Smiley Happy

Hi SmartCredit1,

My first card out of my bankruptcy, Chapter 7 was Merrick Visa with $600 starting limit which I applied using pre-approval letter in August of 2015 and unfortunately it came with $72 annual fee which I at that time had to take it to start rebuilding my credit after my divorce which ruined my perfect credit.

I must say that I have NO PROBLEMS with Merrick at all (at least in my case!), they did promise by doubling my limit to $1,200 in 7 months (March 2016). However I've gone gotten ALL rewards-based credit cards: Discover, Barclay and Capital One's Quicksliver and my new wife's AmEx (I'm an AU) that I didn't need to use Merrick Visa since January 2016 at all. I am going to call them early August to cancel BEFORE they charge me annual fee of $72.

Basically, Merrick is a good card out of bankruptcy or bad credit. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than CreditOne, Preimer, whatever crap they want to stuff all these BS fees down your throat, LITERALLY!!! Smiley Sad

Good Luck!

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.