Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank "Verifies False Information"

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Merrick Bank "Verifies False Information"

I have for some time been trying to get a 30 day late dating to 2006 removed from my credit reports.  The account was with Merrick Bank.  The only correspond with consumers on older accounts via Snail Mail, so everything is a lengthy process with them.

After much correspondance, I was able to obtain billing statements from the month in question, as well as 2 mos before and 2 months after.  The statements SHOW NO PAST DUE AMOUNT.

I sent this information to all 3 CRA's.  After a follow-up phone call to each, EX removed the late payment notation, EQ and TU submitted another dispute that came back...once more "verified"!!!!!!!????

They stated that I would have to take it up with Merrick even though they were in actual possession of the billing statements verifying that there were no late payments.

So what is the strongest and/or most effective tactic I can use with Merrick to get them to finally remove this 30 day late?

Filing an FTC complaint does not seem to be very effective from what I have read on this board.  What IS effective?

Thanks,

...Ranger out

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank "Verifies False Information"

I'm learning the hard way that no matter what evidence you have in your hot little hands to dispute inaccurate information, you're at the mercy of the CRA.  And if it goes through the wrong hands, they just ignore it and verify.  On the flip side, it can just as easily get deleted.

I also sent in proof in the pudding and it came back verified.  The CSR just says "dispute it again."

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.