Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mess that is Cap1 Auto - lets see how this approach works

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Mess that is Cap1 Auto - lets see how this approach works

I just sent the following email to Cap1 Auto Finance in relation to my recent post about the mess of an account I have with them for my car loan (long string of lates).  Tell me what yall think.

"

Im drafting a new version of my letter related to this account to address the various lates and fact that I thought I had a payment arrangement and was not properly notified about the return check from last year.  I will be sending this to your attention over the weekend.  In addition to this, I wanted to see if Capital One would be willing to compromise on this account (granted it’s a kind of throw the baby out with the bath water approach.)

What I wanted to know is if Capital One would consider a complete deletion of the entire trade line (both positive and negative) if I paid off the loan?  This is an alternative approach and I would prefer to work out some arrangement in terms of a reduction of the lates without having to delete the positive history.  Considering that the payoff is about $8,000+, I want to see if this is even possible before I make arrangements to cover this amount (I would probably take out a personal line of credit with credit union to payoff or I would ask to refinance with yall...I willing to pay a higher interest rate than my current loan.)

Other than 2 isolated late payments to Sallie Mae, I have no other accounts with lates.  This is by far my worst account on my credit report and since the lates are recent and the long string of them, it will hinder my ability to get credit for years to come.   The bankers I have talked to recently say this has more of an impact on my credit report than filing for bankruptcy.

Again, thanks for your time."

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mess that is Cap1 Auto - lets see how this approach works

I would try anything with cap one, but they are not very sympathetic...I would be happy to pm you the cap one ceo email if you wish, I did get a responce requesting more info from me so I know something happened.

I do think the message is good and wish you the best!
Message 2 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I did email CEO with first letter. This email went to lady who responded to my first attempt. I'm hoping to she will respond.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did she respond to ask for more info or just the generic cap one responce?
Message 4 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

The first time she called and emailed. Very nice but didnt do anything. I'm trying her again. If no go then I'll resend to CEO directly. I've even thought about finding where CEO was speaking next and traveling there to try to hand deliver letter.

Message 5 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

i wish you the very best my friend and hope they delete that tradeline for you.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I would love that CEO email to ask for reconsideration, I was denied a card when I have perfect history with my car but my bF is listed first, me second, so maybe they did not catch that..I have a secured card and mys cores up now but I want to "graduate" to a unsecured card..maybe they could put me first since I make all the payments NOT  bf.

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.