Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - 2 accounts, not sure what to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland - 2 accounts, not sure what to do

Just going off of what is showing on our Credit Karma reports - will pull our actual reports in a couple of days - my husband and I each have Midland collections.

They both say the OC is GE Moneybank

They both updated last on June 25.

The date mine was opened was Nov 24, 2010 and the balance is $958 (high balance is $535 - what does that mean?)

The date it was opened on my husband's report is Aug 26, 2009 and the balance is $5,896 (high balance $3,775)

I'm pretty sure I know what the $958 amount is from - an old bank account that was ridiculous with the overdraft charges and we couldn't pay it.  But neither of us has a clue what the $5,896 balance is from.

Is it possible that it's the same account?  It's odd to me that the OC is the same.  But the dates and amounts are different so it seems like it's two different accounts.  Also, the bank account was in both our names so why would that show up on my report but not his?  I'm so confused!

We could potentially pay the $958 but definitely not the $5,896.  

What can we do here?  Should we just leave them alone?  They are still actively updating.  Will they fall off soon if they are updating?  Still not sure how it all works.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland - 2 accounts, not sure what to do

I would begin by calling the creditor and inquring as to what they show as a delinquent account in your name.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aren't they close to falling off though?  Especially the 2009 one? I don't really know how the falling off works if it's actively reporting.

Should I still call them even though I'm not planning to address the debts at this time?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Aren't they close to falling off though?  Especially the 2009 one? I don't really know how the falling off works if it's actively reporting.

Should I still call them even though I'm not planning to address the debts at this time?

Yes, these are very close to falling off. The opened date is when Midland received them, so the actual DoFD is before that. Contact the CRA's to determine the actual reported DoFD on these items. If they are beyond your state's SOL, tell Midland to go fly a kite.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.