Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Advice

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Midland Advice

So I have read all the threads on here regarding Midland and what a pain they can be to deal with; they are all that and more!! But I am hoping someone can just give me a little shred of hope or advice on how to handle them. So I had an account get sent to them 2/22/13 for $595 and I paid it off IN FULL on 3/11/13; 16 days!! I have mailed and emailed GW letters and gotten the same response "we are reporting paid in full...blah, blah." The problem I have is I know there is no way I would have or even could have afforded to paid $600 in one blow to a CA unless they threatened me with reporting it to the CRA's. (Yes it makes me sad to admit that, but it's true....they intimidate me and scare me into paying). They say they listened to the tape and that was not the case and they never said that. I have spoken to 2 different people in the department both telling me they are the department to delete TL but they can't do it for me!! They had the account for 16 days!!!! I feel helpless, and know getting this off of my report would really help. The lady I just got off the phone with so kindly told me don't worry it is scheduled to fall off your CR in 8/2019.......really; like that is supposed to help?

Sorry I'm just venting and a bit stressed. If anyone has any suggestions I am more than happy to listen to them Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for reading.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland Advice

Disregard all the negative they may say and continue mailing 1 GW letter a month  until you get what you are after, at some point they will get tired. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Disregard all the negative they may say and continue mailing 1 GW letter a month  until you get what you are after, at some point they will get tired. Good luck Smiley Happy

Does Midland ever get tired? I sure hope so!! Should I take advantage of the fact that I have an email now since they emailed me?

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 3 of 14
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

To borrow a phrase from "Steel Magnolias"...they are a boil on the butt of humanity.

Truly, honestly, one of the worst companies EVER.  Good luck dealing with them!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 4 of 14
growing123
Regular Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

To borrow a phrase from "Steel Magnolias"...they are a boil on the butt of humanity.

lol - great movie, great quote!

To the OP, I would definitely use the e-mail to send your GW requests.  Maybe mix it up, snail mail, email, etc..

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 5 of 14
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@growing123 wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

lol - great movie, great quote!

To the OP, I would definitely use the e-mail to send your GW requests.  Maybe mix it up, snail mail, email, etc..

Thanks! I will try that.

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 6 of 14
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Can u pm me the email contact thanks

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

So I saved the below letter, but apparently didn't make any notes as to what to use it for, lol. Obviously it is geared towards Midland, but was it something someone used to send to Midland or to the CRA's? That's what I get for cutting and pasting stuff and not printing everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 8 of 14
growing123
Regular Contributor

@JPeanut503 wrote:

So I saved the below letter, but apparently didn't make any notes as to what to use it for, lol. Obviously it is geared towards Midland, but was it something someone used to send to Midland or to the CRA's? That's what I get for cutting and pasting stuff and not printing everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was not sent to Midland...lol

It might have been sent to the OC on an account that Midland was associated with?  I can't see anyone sending this to the CRA's. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PM me the contact info please?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.