Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland BS

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland BS

@Tommy5746 wrote:

I actually disputed a MIDLAND derog with experian yesterday... Hopefully they remove it... Ill keep you guys posted

I had to dispute again on EQ...ugh. Just get rid of it already....I will nag them until they do.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me 4 months before Midland went away! But it was worth it!! Keep hounding them Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 27
OneDirection

Hi, I am in the process of disputing with midland funding. After reading through this thread, I realize that I did have an aspire card that was a charge off. Besides, disputing on the credit report, would I then mail a letter out to Midland?

Thanks for for any information.

Message 23 of 27
mmb
Established Member

I'm intrigued by this - I'm really hoping to get a Midland tradeline off of my report, which just happens to be for a Tribute card. It's already been paid in full, I just want the damn thing off of my CR! 

Message 24 of 27
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@mmb wrote:

I'm intrigued by this - I'm really hoping to get a Midland tradeline off of my report, which just happens to be for a Tribute card. It's already been paid in full, I just want the damn thing off of my CR! 

I would dispute with all credit bureau's based on FTC ruling 12/19/08 and send a copy of the ruling to each one (YMMV, this worked for me though), BBB and CFPB (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. I had also faxed each CB a copy of my PAID verification provided by Midland. In the dispute to BBB, CFPB, I also posted a link in the complaint section for them to pull up as well since I did it online.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 25 of 27
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

Below is the letter that I sent to Jefferson Capital, I had already sent a complaint to the FTC and FDIC. I sent it certified mail with return receipt. They received it and I had my letter within 6 days, saying that they were deleting, I have checked my credit reports, and both accounts have vanished. Best wishes to you.

To whom it may concern:

In reviewing the information that you have forwarded to the credit bureaus, I have noted that you are reporting tradelines as follows:

(insert your card name account number and CRA's here)

Reporting of these tradelines and 3rd party collections of these accounts is prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission ruling Case # 1:08-cv-1976-BBM-RGV, 12/19/2008. Please remove all tradelines from any and all credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, Transunion etc) as mandated by this ruling.

I have already filed a complaint with the FTC, and the FDIC, and will also file a complaint with the BBB if reporting tradelines are not deleted in a timely manner (10 business days)

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

This is the exact letter I used. Simple but to the point.  Best wishes to you, I believe you will get a quick response

This only applies if you had a card from them I believe from 2006-2008, you'll have to read the case and see if your situation applies. Good Luck

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 26 of 27
xqti254
Established Member

Are there any new developments in any of these cases that would help someone just starting out? Thank you for any help.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.