Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collection Disappeared??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Collection Disappeared??

UPDATE! I just received an alert that it was deleted from TU as well! Score went up 76 points!

Last one up is EQ. I'm anxious to see what happens.

Message 11 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RESSECUP wrote:

I really wish they would disappear from my reports

lol. Don't we all. Now I have to play the waiting game to see what happens next.

If the debt is valid you can always contact the OC and make a deal for payment before it gets sent to another CA, you can do this only if the OC still owns the debt,

I'm going to wait a little longer and see. The OC has already stated they no longer own debt. Meanwhile, the collection was just deleted from TU as well.

Message 12 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had my last Midland delete the other day too (original creditor: Verizon) far earlier than scheduled (May-2016). A nice +5 point nudge. Could be coincidental, but the timing of the CFPB action is curious. None of my other Midland collections ever deleted that early; remained on through the exclusion date. Midland is generally very persistent; updating monthly.

Not sure whether Experian on their own deleted Midland TLs or Midland requested the deletes. The collection still shows on TU and EQ - they often seem to lag EX, so maybe that's the holdup, but not sure. Will check again later this week. Do bureaus themselves ever go out of their way to delete adverse TLs?

Hmmm. That's interesting. I don't think bureaus generally go out of their way. But I could be wrong. It was just deleted from TU as well so I'm assuming they've either deleted or it has been sold to another CA... I'll wait and see

Message 13 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Do bureaus themselves ever go out of their way to delete adverse TLs?

My guess is Midland has started deleting them on order of CFPB.

I hope this is the case

Message 14 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened here, midland t-mobile collection was deleted from EQ today, and husband's from EX.
Message 15 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Same happened here, midland t-mobile collection was deleted from EQ today, and husband's from EX.

Well I truly hope this is the last we'll see of them!

Message 16 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled reports directly from TransUnion and Equifax. EQ shows no change. Probably just a delay, because Midland is finally deleted from my TU report too. Furthermore, my TU report shows a softpull inquiry from Midland dated around the same day it deleted off Experian. Prior to that, Midland hadn't SPed for many months.

Bottom line, it appears Midland is actively deleting many collections.

Message 17 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting for disputes results by october 5 and then will pull my reports and fico scores to see what is going on, CK showed 2 accounts deleted today (midland on EQ and a different one on TU) What's interesting...that's not the accs i was disputing...
Message 18 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just pulled reports directly from TransUnion and Equifax. EQ shows no change. Probably just a delay, because Midland is finally deleted from my TU report too. Furthermore, my TU report shows a softpull inquiry from Midland dated around the same day it deleted off Experian. Prior to that, Midland hadn't SPed for many months.

Bottom line, it appears Midland is actively deleting many collections.

I totally agree with you. I've been looking through the forum and others are experiencing this as well. I also just read the CFPB ruling which states they can no longer resell debt. So if collections are being deleted I'm assuming they're not coming back. 

Message 19 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm waiting for disputes results by october 5 and then will pull my reports and fico scores to see what is going on, CK showed 2 accounts deleted today (midland on EQ and a different one on TU) What's interesting...that's not the accs i was disputing...

Those other accounts they deleted were probably apart of their "clean up"

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.