Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collection Disappeared??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Collection Disappeared??

@Dj4Money wrote:

I noticed this too. Midland has been removed from all three credit agencies. I'll take it; no more collection accounts on my CR's! 

Yessss! We need to have a party!

Message 31 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping to hear the news on mine soon too. I just had one removed on the first of this month through early exclusion, but there are 2 more.

Message 32 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hoping to hear the news on mine soon too. I just had one removed on the first of this month through early exclusion, but there are 2 more.

Hopefully you'll get the same results. Good luck!

Message 33 of 63
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

Christmas came early this year! :-) Quick follow up question:

Midland was removed (unprompted by me) on 9/23 from my Experian cr. Should I dispute with the other two, or just play the waiting game?

Message 34 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they removing settled collections as well?
Message 35 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thesecondtimearound wrote:

Christmas came early this year! :-) Quick follow up question:

Midland was removed (unprompted by me) on 9/23 from my Experian cr. Should I dispute with the other two, or just play the waiting game?

I would just wait. It came off my EX first. Then about a week or two later it came off of TU and EQ.

Message 36 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are they removing settled collections as well?

I'm not sure. I'm assuming they're removing anything without valid information. They're also supposed to be refunding those they collected a higher debt (than what was owed to the OC) from.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/cfpb-takes-action-against-the-two-largest-debt-buyers-for-using-deceptive-tactics-to-collect-bad-debts/

Message 37 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had this happen?

I see my Midland collections are still on - last updated 9/11/15.

Message 38 of 63
texasraj

I have 2 Portfolio recovery collection and 1 midland collection. Will they be deleted with this new judgement? Is there any specific how to deal with them after these lawsuit settlement. I woule be very grateful for your insights.

Message 39 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone else had this happen?

I see my Midland collections are still on - last updated 9/11/15.

Where did you check?  MyFICO or elsewhere?  Visit CreditKarma to see if it's still showing on TU / EQ.

Not all Midland collections are being deleted. Generally, it's very old ones, often out of SOL, and may be further limited to certain creditors.

On a related topic, even though Midland is deleting collections in bulk, they may still be attempting to collect on them. Screen calls; hang up immediately unless intending to settle the debt(s) on the spot; avoid payment plans - pay lumpsum only.

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.