Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collection Disappeared??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Collection Disappeared??

Yup.  Gone off of all three reports.  Noticed it about 2 weeks ago.  Just now getting around to searching for the **bleep**, why, and Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! It's gone reaction.  Wasn't scheduled to drop off until 2018.

Had attempted to verify several times but never got around to playing hardball with them since I live in San Diego and they are based here.  They file a lot more local lawsuits here due to the fact that they have a major office here.

I now have zero collections. 

--Yay--

Message 41 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland deleted with 3 CRAs for both my husband and I. 😀
Message 42 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone that has had Midland collections drop off, who were the OC of those collections? Just wondering if certain OC seems to be coming off while othes are not.

Message 43 of 63
ladybug72

I also have a question. How did you find out the accounts were removed? Did you just happen to check your credit report or do you have a site you use that monitors it? I use a couple of monitoring sites, but they don't usually tell me when something falls off, only when balances change or there's new inquiries. I would like to keep an eye on it without having to pay for new credit reports all of the time.

Message 44 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For anyone that has had Midland collections drop off, who were the OC of those collections? Just wondering if certain OC seems to be coming off while othes are not.

So far I've seen Tmobile (mine), Verizon (others), and BOA (others) deleted.

Message 45 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladybug72 wrote:

I also have a question. How did you find out the accounts were removed? Did you just happen to check your credit report or do you have a site you use that monitors it? I use a couple of monitoring sites, but they don't usually tell me when something falls off, only when balances change or there's new inquiries. I would like to keep an eye on it without having to pay for new credit reports all of the time.

Credit Karma alerted me (during my weekly update) that the collections were removed. Other credit monitoring services just provided me with my new scores once the collections were gone.

Message 46 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

We both had t-mobile co with midland, which were not making any sense...and we are both subscribed to creditkarma, it updates reports every week and shows if any changes happened including acc removals.
Message 47 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have a Midland Funding collection that went all the way through to wage garnishment.  Original debt $500 but the balance now shows as $1,400.00.  

Backstory: I had a MESS back in  2009 and literally just had to walk away from all CC debt back then. I have litererally ignored EVERY attempt to collect (phone calls, letters lawsuits) since then.  I almost filed BR back in 2010 but did not.  Anyway, my biggest acct began wage garnishments last May and will be completed in Dec of this year.  I almost filed BIK again because the amount they are garnishing is insane but I decided against it again. I just want all of this to be done and I want to rebuild. The feeling of that huge account being PIF will be such a weight lifted off my shoulders.  I have been on a full court press to get my credit repaired and back to a decent score. I am in the process of trying to payoff the remaining debts myself.  Some have fallen off completely on their own (which is weird to me since it's only been 5 years) but  I still have about 5 accounts that I need to deal with.

All of this to say the Midland garnishment is not able to start until the current one ends so I have been just paying them myself over the last month. Stupid probably but they were going to garnish anyway and now I just want it all to be done ASAP.  I have paid it down to $969.00 and will have it totally paid off by mid-November.  What does this lawsuit mean for someone like me who never tried to fight or dispute the debt and is in the process of paying it off?

P.S. - I wish LNV Funding was part of this lawsuit.  They are who my current garnished wages are going to. I'd love to get some or part of that money back. 

Message 48 of 63
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Backstory: I had a MESS back in  2009 and literally just had to walk away from all CC debt back then. I have litererally ignored EVERY attempt to collect (phone calls, letters lawsuits) since then.  I almost filed BR back in 2010 but did not.  

Sounds like my story to a tee Smiley Happy

What does this lawsuit mean for someone like me who never tried to fight or dispute the debt and is in the process of paying it off

From what I gather, it depends if it's flagged as one of the $120M in debts they're ordered to forgive - and it should mean a refund.  YMMV.

I hope part of your current credit repair involves having picked up a secured card somewhere.  Waiting for all the baddies to fall off

isn't enough - you need new credit to balance out the old as well as showing some current open account(s).

Message 49 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope part of your current credit repair involves having picked up a secured card somewhere.  Waiting for all the baddies to fall off

isn't enough - you need new credit to balance out the old as well as showing some current open account(s).

I was actually wondering if I needed to do that?  I got approved for two different Cap One unsecured cards (one with 0% interest for 6 months and cash rewards). The crazy part is that I defaulted with Cap One back in 2009. I had 2 cards w/ them. One ended up in wage garnishment and is paid, the other is still on my CR as a charge off.  

My limits are $500 each but I cannot even explain how excited I was to actually get approved for a real, decent card with no annual fee. After 5 months of payments they will do a CL increase.  I am just putting gasoline on there and plan to pay it after the statement hits.  Also, I am paying off an AMEX card that never got sold to a collection agency for whatever reason. It is still owned by AMEX even though I havent' made a payment in 5 yrs.  I ignored all of their settlement offers until the last one that I got in August. When I called, the guy (who was very nice) talked me in to paying it in full with the promise of a positive entry on my credit and a $900 Optima card after it's paid.  They set it up for 22 months but I plan to have it paid off by March.  To get the positive entry on my CR and an AMEX card at the end of it was worth it. If I can prove responsibility with that card, maybe eventually, after my score goes up, they would be willing to consider approval on something else.  

Anyway, should I also go ahead and get a secured card given that I will have 3 unsecured, active cards by March or April of next year with at least  $1,900.00 CL?    I want to get my score up as quickly as possible. Depending on where I check it, it's either 647 or 558 with TU. That is a drastic difference so I'm not sure what's right. I am assuming the lower one though.   

I have learned a lot on here in just the few days since I have discovered it. I never knew I could dispute valid CR entries, never knew about EE, or goodwill requests. I am going to try anything & everything to get my report cleaned up. I have learned invaluable lessons over the past 6 years just through experience.  I will never, ever trash  my credit again. It is too precious a commodity and too hard to get back once it's gone. Any additional advice on getting my score up quickly would be greatly appreciated. 
Message 50 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.