Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collection Disappeared??

tag
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland Collection Disappeared??

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyway, should I also go ahead and get a secured card given that I will have 3 unsecured, active cards by March or April of next year

Sounds like you already have it covered with a couple active cards.  I wasn't sure of your current credit situation.

And welcome to the forum!

Message 51 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just pulled reports directly from TransUnion and Equifax. EQ shows no change. Probably just a delay, because Midland is finally deleted from my TU report too. Furthermore, my TU report shows a softpull inquiry from Midland dated around the same day it deleted off Experian. Prior to that, Midland hadn't SPed for many months.

Bottom line, it appears Midland is actively deleting many collections.

My hubby's got a Midland on his CR, an old GE Money Bank collection that his ex maxed out, then left him holding the bag. It's a time-barred debt, so he isn't touching it... but I sure hope it disappears like the others. *fingers crossed*
Message 52 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

After battling this and battling this, they suddenly just fell off all my reports as well. I'm not complaining at all!

Message 53 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone else had this happen?

I see my Midland collections are still on - last updated 9/11/15.

Where did you check?  MyFICO or elsewhere?  Visit CreditKarma to see if it's still showing on TU / EQ.

Not all Midland collections are being deleted. Generally, it's very old ones, often out of SOL, and may be further limited to certain creditors.

On a related topic, even though Midland is deleting collections in bulk, they may still be attempting to collect on them. Screen calls; hang up immediately unless intending to settle the debt(s) on the spot; avoid payment plans - pay lumpsum only.

It's on Credit Karma, Equifax, and I recieved statements from them dated 9/15/15. 

One is for a Target National Bank account which Equifax lists Date of Last Payment 06/2010 & Date of First Delinquency 06/2010, & Charge Off Amount: $555. 

The Midland account for the Target account is listed on Equifax under Negative Information, Closed with the following details : 

Account Owner: Individual Account.
High Credit: $556
Type of Account: Open
Date Opened: 07/23/2012
Date Reported: 09/25/2015
Balance: $689
Amount Past Due: $689
Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 09/2012
Date of First Delinquency: 05/2010
Months Reviewed: 36
Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)
Comments: Collection account  

It is also under Accounts, Other with the same details I copy/pasted above.

The other Midland account is for an old SYNCB/GECRB/AMERICAN EAGLE account. It, too, is listed under the same two locations as the other Midland account. 

Equifax lists for the American Eagle Account Date of Last Payment: 11/2009,  Date of First Delinquency: 06/2010, & Charge Off Amount: $105.

For the Midland account holding the AE charge off account the details include:

Account Owner: Individual Account.
High Credit: $238
Type of Account: Open
Date Opened: 05/14/2012
Date Reported: 09/25/2015
Balance: $344
Amount Past Due: $344
Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 07/2012
Months Reviewed: 38
Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)
Date of First Delinquency: 06/2010
Comments: Collection account

So I guess since I received statements after their CFPB statement I am not one of the "lucky ones" to have mine disappear even though they are past my state's open accounts/credit cards SOL is 3 years. I guess they must be trying to "claim" account stated which is 6 years

Message 54 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea if this affects settled accounts with NFCU?  I'd LOVE nothing more than to have Midland disappear from my life for good!  I settled back in April because I just needed these things to start aging and they were reporting on a monthly basis.

Message 55 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great news about Midland and these lawsuits. They are the only two collections on my CR's (all 3) and scheduled to come off in August 2016; however, if i can get them off sooner, gosh I would be happy! They are from 2 old Conn's accounts, which are also reporting and are scheduled to come off in October 2016.

Should I dispute the Midland collections? Or just wait patiently and see if I am one of the lucky ones who winds up in the batch delete bucket?

Message 56 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im fighting with them now. they ( a collection company ) slammed me for 120 day late on my credit report.

I filed a BBB complaint about it, stating its a collection company, they were paid in full, i had no payment arangments with them ever, its not a revoling account. so how can they put 120 day late on my credit report. they added it right after i paid it in full.

its for an old capital one account. its my understanding that the capital one was charged off in 2012. they cant roll the 120 day late from capital one to midland. that would be like me havng a loan from a chevy and one from ford, me missing a payment on my ford and them putting it on my chevy loan.

that 120 day late is stinging pretty good because now it looks so new.....

Message 57 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

After Reading some of the posts on this topic, it made me curious again about a debt my wife has from Midland as well..

This was disputed a while back, and while the dispute came back in their favor it made me wonder with the recent suit if it would change anything..

Original Balance on the debt that was bought from Credit One was for $565.. it is now being reported for maybe around 3-5$ more per month all the way until now.. showing a balance due of $719.

Reading some info on the Suit but now completely understanding the full causation.. could someone please assist me in deciding if I should re-open a Dispute for this debt?

Read that the suit was due to Collection Agencies trying to collect for more than original debt owed, and this seems to be the case with this debt.. 

Example of increase in Debt owed..

July 6,2014 $700

July 14,2014 $702

Oct. 8, 2014 $711

Nov. 1,2014 $713

Dec. 11,2014 $716

Dec. 29, 2014 $718

Jan 24, 2015 $719

It has stayed at that $719 since, even after dispute.. so I find it hard to believe in the original contract that they have the rights to tack on interest charges because if they were able, it would have still continued to increase every month, but it has gaps and times where its completed stopped. 

Thanks for any help / advice! 

Message 58 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats great news about Midland and these lawsuits. They are the only two collections on my CR's (all 3) and scheduled to come off in August 2016; however, if i can get them off sooner, gosh I would be happy! They are from 2 old Conn's accounts, which are also reporting and are scheduled to come off in October 2016.

Should I dispute the Midland collections? Or just wait patiently and see if I am one of the lucky ones who winds up in the batch delete bucket?

I would wait it out for as long as you can. The thing you want is Midland "updating" your account on your reports if it's verified after the dispute.

Message 59 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im fighting with them now. they ( a collection company ) slammed me for 120 day late on my credit report.

I filed a BBB complaint about it, stating its a collection company, they were paid in full, i had no payment arangments with them ever, its not a revoling account. so how can they put 120 day late on my credit report. they added it right after i paid it in full.

its for an old capital one account. its my understanding that the capital one was charged off in 2012. they cant roll the 120 day late from capital one to midland. that would be like me havng a loan from a chevy and one from ford, me missing a payment on my ford and them putting it on my chevy loan.

that 120 day late is stinging pretty good because now it looks so new.....

Have you had any luck with this?

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.