cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collections account removed!

tag
Anewvogue

Midland Collections account removed!

i am very happy to say that i officially no longer have any collections on my accounts, i had three originally 2 of which were due to my parents when I was 18 with medical bills on my parents insurance living at home not knowing they never paid them.... BUT Midland was due to an irresponsible first time credit card holder which I did not take serious at the time. ANYWAYS, all my other collections I was able to pay for delete, EXCEPT Midland, which refused no matter how many times I have wrote, begged, etc, but since im NY state, the 6 year law for paid collections came thru and it dropped this month Smiley Happy. Only thing that sucks is so did the old Capital One credit card it was associated with and I guess that dropped my credit score 4 points, but thats ok, a clean record is a lot better than keeping those 4 points!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Collections account removed!

Congrats!!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats   Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 3 of 5
sean23
Valued Member

@Anewvogue wrote:

i am very happy to say that i officially no longer have any collections on my accounts, i had three originally 2 of which were due to my parents when I was 18 with medical bills on my parents insurance living at home not knowing they never paid them.... BUT Midland was due to an irresponsible first time credit card holder which I did not take serious at the time. ANYWAYS, all my other collections I was able to pay for delete, EXCEPT Midland, which refused no matter how many times I have wrote, begged, etc, but since im NY state, the 6 year law for paid collections came thru and it dropped this month Smiley Happy. Only thing that sucks is so did the old Capital One credit card it was associated with and I guess that dropped my credit score 4 points, but thats ok, a clean record is a lot better than keeping those 4 points!

The rule is paid collections are to be removed after 5 years. http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/GBS/25/380-j

Just so you are aware.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish all states had the NY rule of 5 years after paid collection!!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.