Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Collections

tag
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Midland Collections

I had a old t-mobile account that was sent to midland collections and recently hit my credit report in January. Midland refuse PFD., I contacted t-mobile and the agreed to pull the account from collections if i paid them in full. I did so today. They said it takes 7-10 business days, I can't wait to see the impact.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland Collections

@SHAI wrote:

I had a old t-mobile account that was sent to midland collections and recently hit my credit report in January. Midland refuse PFD., I contacted t-mobile and the agreed to pull the account from collections if i paid them in full. I did so today. They said it takes 7-10 business days, I can't wait to see the impact.

I'm dealing with the same thing right now! Please let me know if Midland does come off your credit report!

Message 3 of 13
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@SHAI wrote:

Did you get this in writing??

Message 4 of 13
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I just called T-Mobile and they said I have to talk to Midland because they no longer own the account.

Message 5 of 13
SHAI
Regular Contributor

When I called T-mobile I spoke to someone in the Financial Services Department, he first told me I had to contact Midland and then I asked if I could just pay T-mobile because I did not want to deal with the collection agency. He was very helpful and took my payment and advised I would get a letter in 7-10 days advising payment was made and that they would have midland pull the report. Give another call tomorrow. Best of luck

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@SHAI wrote:

When I called T-mobile I spoke to someone in the Financial Services Department, he first told me I had to contact Midland and then I asked if I could just pay T-mobile because I did not want to deal with the collection agency. He was very helpful and took my payment and advised I would get a letter in 7-10 days advising payment was made and that they would have midland pull the report. Give another call tomorrow. Best of luck

Can you PM the phone number you used? I also have an old T-Mobile account that went to Midland, but I don't agree with the amount. Thanks!

*edit: Scratch that. I just got off the phone with them.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 7 of 13
Bell536
Contributor

So... did T-mobile stick to their word?

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 13
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Not to play Devil's Advocate, but isn't it illegal for T-Mobile to accept payment if they no longer own the debt?

Try to get something in writing from T-Mobile.

Message 9 of 13
sbelle1oh1

These threads that don't give confirmation updates make me Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.