Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit - I got the hookup!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit - I got the hookup!

After some exhausting research yesterday, I was able to locate an email address for edited - he's THE big dog for Encore Capital Group (the parent company of Midland Credit Management).

Anyway, I sent him an email in which I explained that for nearly a year now, I've been receiving debt collection communactions from MCM, to which I've responded by sending NO LESS THAN 6 debt validatation letters - some were returned unopened, CMRRR goes answered, etc.  I explained how MCM was in violation of both the FDCPA and the FCRA.  I explained that I had already filed BBB and AG complaints - both of which were ignored by MCM.  I asked him to take action immediately to either validate the debt, OR cease collection activities AND delete the account from all three credit bureaus.

TO MY SURPRISE - I got an email response back within 3 hours.  Here it is:

I have referred this note to our compliance department.  Somebody will be contacting you directly from that group.  If you still have questions after that interaction, please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to notify us.

Best regards,

edited

I can't believe it!  Hopefully I'll be able to put this to rest with his help in the very near future!

I'd like to actually wait to see what action happens before broadcasting his email address.  Since the guy was nice enough to respond, I don't want to deluge him with more requests from the myFICO forum members until we know if it works.

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Please, don't publish other's info within the forums! However, feel free to link to it:

http://www.mcmcg.com/about/mgmt_black.htm

Thanks, llecs - myFICO mod.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-19-2009 10:43 AM
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Credit - I got the hookup!

Congrats for you!!!!!  Let me know if the Comp. Analyst is named Michelle....she dropped my CA early! 

When you get that high in the company, people know you did some major digging to find them.  It's not easy, but certainly possible.  I did find the CEO, but I went with the guy 2 steps down.  I figured a Sr. VP is pretty hi on the food chain!  

Good Luck!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 40
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

+1 for Michelle in compliance!!

SHE IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST!!! THEY KEPT TELLING ME THEY WILL NOT DELETE, but after 3 calls to her (I was actually calling to pay it) she offered to delete it with NO PAYMENT!! I was completely honest with her and explained my current situation (single father, Son is diabled) and she had it gone within 2 days. I WAS keeping this my little secret, but I guess the cat is out of the bag now.

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle deleted mines too!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 40
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Wow!  apparently it is not as big of a secret as I thought.

Maybe we should take up a collection and send her Flowers from everyone over at the FICO FORUMS!!!!

LOL!!

KIDDING!!!

She would prob end up getting fired and ruin it for everone else!

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...Michelle is the best!  Settled with Midland, and then they reported a balance. (Yes, I had the settlement agreement in writing.  Not as good as a PFD, but you all know the drill.  New to credit repair, didn't know better, yada yada yada.)  After an email to the CEO about their erroneous reporting she called me and told me that based on my message, she would delete the TL from the big 3!  Someone at MCM DOES have a heart!
Message Edited by rickt411 on 08-19-2009 09:32 AM
Message 6 of 40
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yep!!!  She's the one who deserves the gold star, the bouquet of orchids & the weekend at a great Spa!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 40
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@oneboss302 wrote:

Wow!  apparently it is not as big of a secret as I thought.

Maybe we should take up a collection and send her Flowers from everyone over at the FICO FORUMS!!!!

LOL!!

KIDDING!!!

She would prob end up getting fired and ruin it for everone else!

I have her email address!!!  I should send her this thread.  She won't know exactly who we are...but she WILL know how much she's appreciated!

Message 8 of 40
Chadius
Contributor

Mo' could I get you to pm her email address? I am going thru the same stuff.

Thanks

Chadius

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have her email address as well ? I'm was suppose to have something deleted from Midland this month due to DOFD and it still hasn't been done.

Thanks in advance !!!

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.