Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management ... Almost got rid of them

tag
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Midland Credit Management ... Almost got rid of them

I had an old collection (HSBC/Best Buy referenced in a separate post) that was supposedly sold to Midland Credit Management.

I have challenged them every way I know how.  I have disputed the entry with the bureaus,  I have sent debt validation letters letter to Midland and letters threatening a lawsuit for violations of federal law,  and filed a complaint with their local Better Business Bureau.

The entry is now off TransUnion and Equifax, but still on Experian.

Do I sit tight and see if Experian just happens to be a little slow on updating, or do I go into attack mode? If the consensus is to attack, what do I do?  

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Management ... Almost got rid of them

Is the debt legitimate?  Is their reporting accurate?  What specifically was disputed?

How have they violated the statute?

How are you planning to "attack?"

Message 2 of 3
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Management ... Almost got rid of them

@BullsEye10 wrote:

I had an old collection (HSBC/Best Buy referenced in a separate post) that was supposedly sold to Midland Credit Management.

I have challenged them every way I know how.  I have disputed the entry with the bureaus,  I have sent debt validation letters letter to Midland and letters threatening a lawsuit for violations of federal law,  and filed a complaint with their local Better Business Bureau.

The entry is now off TransUnion and Equifax, but still on Experian.

Do I sit tight and see if Experian just happens to be a little slow on updating, or do I go into attack mode? If the consensus is to attack, what do I do?  

I just was able to get Midland off of my TU report, didn't report on my EQ but remains on my EX now. I filed a complaint with BBB, CFPB (Consumer Finance and Protection Bureau, they are similar to BBB) and disputed with both TU & EX. I did all of this on Tuesday, and thank GOD, TU updated my report today. I am waiting to see how EX will handle situation, hopefully they will DELETE just like TU. Yess, you have to keep fighting and stay in attack mode until Midland is GONE***, I will too!

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.