cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management SUCCESS (HOPEFULLY- Seeking Counsel to a few questions)

tag
mrfulloluv
Valued Member

Midland Credit Management SUCCESS (HOPEFULLY- Seeking Counsel to a few questions)

Greetings Fico Community-

I  think I may have had success with an e-mail GW letter to  Midland (PAID COLLECTION) by contacting the CEO of their parent company!!!!! Thanks to months of snooping around the FICO forums!1Smiley Happy (THANKS!!)

**Please PM me for the e-mail contact**

His reply was short and simple but I imagine that the "compliance department' would be the one whom handle deletions from the CRAs.??

Below is his reply in a cut and paste:

Mr. F********,

I will forward to our Compliance team.  I expect they will respond tomorrow.  If you don’t hear from them, let me know.

Best Regards,

(Name Removed for Security)

I originally contacted them in June 2010 (with no response) regarding an old PAID collection which was still reporting as 9 baddies (Judgements and Collections!!!) b/w all the CRAs.. When I received no reply, I recently re-fowarded the e-mail and asked politely for the contact to advise.

I have also pestered Midland with numerous phone calls within the last few months. Getting shotdown with the typical 'we don't do deletions for paid or setteled accounts.. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a deletion with my GW response!!!*********Smiley Tongue

Questions posted below:

• Will  re-post with the results, have  any of you ahad a similar experience with Midland and their compliance department?
  • Does this mean I will receive the deletion request due to an actual response and the referral to compliance?
  • Will My FICO see a jump from having these baddies deleted? (I have read mixed results from having CA info removed)
  • Once the deletion is granted, how long will it take to hit my ScoreWatch Product and see the results on My FICO score?

Someone please advise on whether this has the makings of success!!.

Regards,

mrfulloluv

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Management SUCCESS (HOPEFULLY- Seeking Counsel to a few questions)

I am NOT trying to be discouraging, but don't completely count on the above response leading to a deletion. I've received a lot of replies like that (I am a higher-up email scavenger) and it results in a "no." The higher-up probably gets similar requests frequent enough that they're in a routine of simply forwarding to the Compliance Dept to hande, whom are the ones that will actually review and render a decision, which may or may not be in your favor.

My fingers are crossed for you though!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 10
mrfulloluv
Valued Member

Re: Midland Credit Management SUCCESS (HOPEFULLY- Seeking Counsel to a few questions)

Just to add an update. I did receive a deletion from Midland. Today is a really great day!!!! It goes to show that persistence does pay off Smiley Happy

To all whom want to throw in the towel, it takes a while, it took me about 8 months to get this taken care of. But it was...good luck to all!

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All he really said is the he is bucking your requested to the department that normally handles them.  I dont even see an implied agreement to delete.

Message 4 of 10
mrfulloluv
Valued Member

I got a reply back from compliance and received from what I'm reading on the boards a RARE GW deletion exception from Midland.

I owe it all to the folks here on MyFico forums for the advice in helping me responsibly tackle old neglected obligations.

Message 5 of 10
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Congrats... I'm glad it worked out!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 6 of 10
clemente21
Valued Member

I'm glad it worked out too.  I'm currently on my 9th month trying to GW some 90 and 120 day lates to Citi Cards.  Hopefully they come through, but I refuse to throw in the towel.

2/18/2010 - EQ: ??? TU: ??? EX: 509 (pulled by employer)
2/10/2011 - EQ: 586 TU: 601 EX: 549 (FAKO)
Message 7 of 10
mrfulloluv
Valued Member

Pulled EQ and TU today and Midland was GONE!!!!! There is hope

Message 8 of 10
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I received two email addresses from someone on this forum and sent one email about 2 weeks ago, and another 2 days ago.  No reply, so kudos to  you.. wish they would respond to me atleast.

Can you pm me the email addy's you have?

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I'm also trying to find someone at Midland with a heart. I already PIF but have been shot down at least 4 times by letter.... PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.