cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management - Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Management - Success!

I would love the information too.  They have been reporting an account that had already gone to a third party CA, we paid the third party and faxed the payment which had both the OC and MCM on the account information.  The third party was Leading Edge, who was very helpful to us.  MCM said they would take it off completely once they were sure everything cleared, but so far its still there on TU. Its not there on Exp or Eq, but I am not sure if it was there to begin with with them. They were super nice to us, but I won't feel confident until its either gone from our CR or reporting as a 0 balance.

Message 31 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind!  They deleted! I am so excited, and surprised.  We have had trouble with them for years.  Granted, we did pay more than we owed just to get it off, but I was so worried since we didn't pay them directly.  They were the ones reporting, however when we called to try to clear it up, they referred us to their "legal" department who told us the account had been sold to Leading Edge Recovery, (we never even heard from them) but we paid Leading Edge, faxed our payment proof to Midland and two months later, its gone!

Message 32 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a ton of Midland snail mail addresses, if anyone wants them.  I haven't had success with them yet, but only just sent out the first letters to them about six days ago.  Probably not as exciting as phone numbers and emails!  Smiley Very Happy  But if anyone wants them, just pm me. 

Message 33 of 135
peach33

I would be more than happy to receive the email format.  I have been battling with this crooked agency for months!!!!   Thank you for the helping us take on the bully collection agency.

Message 34 of 135
brenda1924
Valued Member

Can you send me the email contact you used and were successful with?  I am having a hard time finding an email address to send a GW.  Thank you so much!

Message 35 of 135
T50
Contributor

Can you send me contact info and sample email please? I have an old account I am reaady to PFD but want to make sure it gets deleted

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 135
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Midland is gone!!!!  One down (equifax) and two more to go. Wish me luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 37 of 135
brenda1924
Valued Member

What was the avg wait time for those of you who were able to get Midland deleted from your reports?  Just wondering so I have an idea of when I should send out another GW. 

Message 38 of 135
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@brenda1924 wrote:

What was the avg wait time for those of you who were able to get Midland deleted from your reports?  Just wondering so I have an idea of when I should send out another GW. 

I disputed because of a reporting error and Equifax deleted witihin a week!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 39 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may ask what did you use as the reporting error to get Equifax to delete? Did you dispute online or by mail?

I hate Midland and have been battling it out with them. They sent me a transaction history when I DV'ed them, and I am hoping that I can dispute it and get it deleted or DV them again and force them to delete it without the use of EQ. I already disputed this once and EQ verified it in two days.

Message 40 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.