Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Management

This is my first post on this forum, but thanks to reading lots of your advice I have made significant progress in cleaning up my credit.  I had one collection account from an old credit card.  It was originally through Citibank and that account is no longer on my credit file, but the Collection Account was added in 2015 and says it is scheduled to fall off December 2017.  It is for $1993. 

I was going to pay it in full, but thanks to advice from this forum I did not and just sent a Pay for delete letter June 29.  I received a letter from them July 13 that said they have opened an investigation concerning my request and have requested the "appropriate documents" and that a consumer support services representative would provide me with a response in the near future.

Today I received a letter from them stating pursuant to the Texas Finance Code they need more time to investigate my dispute and that until they are able to respond to my dispute they are requesting it be removed from all credit bureaus and that collection efforts cease.  There is a line in there that says they may resume credit reporting of the account upon completion of their investigation.

So my question is... is this good or bad?  Lol.  My scores have come A LONG way in a short time through research and diligence.  I am afraid should they re-add the account in the future that it would undo all my hard work.  I am keeping all the documentation from when the original default occurred so if they do I would still have that avenue.  Has anyone else had any experience with this?  Any insight would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Management

That is a requriment under the TX Finance Code.

The code requries that the debt collector must respond within 30 days of receipt of the DV, but is not required to provide validation in that response.

They can state that they are not yet sending validation, and in that event, the code mandates that they report deletion of their collection, but also explicitly states that they can reinsert once they send validation.  They are thus making no statements not mandated by the TFC.

That they need more time to make a statement that they validate likely means that they dont yet have adequate basis, so to that extent, it is "good."

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.