Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Midland Credit Management

Hello!  I had gotten midland off of my credit report and they're back with a new letter.  I honestly don't remember having a third capital one account, and portfolio, sweethearts that they are, have the two that I know are mine.  I submitted the letter to collection shield 360, so we shall see.  Anyway, the letter says that even if I pay it, they're still going to report it, so why would I pay it????  They also have only given me two weeks....will they report that quickly?  Help!

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Management

@haleyjen wrote:

Hello!  I had gotten midland off of my credit report and they're back with a new letter.  I honestly don't remember having a third capital one account, and portfolio, sweethearts that they are, have the two that I know are mine.  I submitted the letter to collection shield 360, so we shall see.  Anyway, the letter says that even if I pay it, they're still going to report it, so why would I pay it????  They also have only given me two weeks....will they report that quickly?  Help!

Seriously? Thats pretty harsh even for those a-clowns. Never seen that statement before. If you do not thinks its valid then a DV is in order, quickly. Ask for as much information regarding the account that you can think of.

Message 2 of 8
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

If I passed it on to Collection Shield 360 should I also send a DV or is that overkill?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

If I passed it on to Collection Shield 360 should I also send a DV or is that overkill?

I would send a DV myself, and submit the letter to CS 360.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I assume their letter was a dunning notice.

You must submit any DV within 30 days of that dunning notice to be timely, and thus invoke a cease collection bar.

Thus, I concir in not waiting for other actions, such as Collection Shield 360.  I would immediately submit your DV.

You may additionally have enhanced validation rights under state law or regs if you live in a state that has enacted any enhanced procedures.

What is your state of residence?

Message 5 of 8
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Nope, Illinois.  Their laws read like it's still a red state.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you checked to see if they are attempting to collect on one of the cap one accounts portfolio is collection on?

Sometimes they try to do that
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with Collection Shield?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.