Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Managment

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Managment

If you have the time to do the repairs yourself, it's more cost effecient, and you can tread more carefully, instead of just disputing everything under the sun, as most of the repair clerks do. Keep in mind that no credit is ever repaired overnight. Days to destroy, years to rebuild.

Anything, and everything you can possibly need is on this site. It's no different than what you're already paying someone else for.

Read, read, and read some more.

Message 21 of 34
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

I'm not going to bash Sky Blue Credit...they did a fantastic job getting my credit up from a low 500 to a 647 in a matter of 5 months. I will now take the reigns and deal with these collections. The only reason i'm doing this now is, while i can get an FHA loan easier with my credit score, i would rather have a conventional home loan as a first time buyer. However, If I fix these collections by paying them off it will hurt my credit short term....but how long is short term? I don't want paying these things to backfire on me and not be able to then get even an FHA loan because it slapped my credit back to the grave. Do you get my drift? I want to do this in the least hurtful way to my credit and i'm nowhere near a pro,  nor do i know anyone who is. and i've heard no good things about MCM which makes my situation even harder. Do I go with an FHA loan and suck it up and then refi down the road, or is refi even an option with FHA?

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

Do you suggest that I no longer employ Sky Blue credit since they got of most off the baddies? Should I cancel my account with them?

Its up to you, but I suggest that you start reading and learn how to repair your own credit. You can certainly do it yourself instead of paying Sky Blue. I admit, I was in your situation before, and I started out using Sky Blue too. I did have quite a few things removed by them. It got to the point where where we both felt that I should end the program since they did what they could. I still had 3 collections left on my CRs. I read and read and fought those myself and got them deleted, something Sky Blue couldnt do.

Im am only left with lates and high utility (my fault) reporting. From what I learned here and from the "other" board, I was able to help my brother remove about 5 - 6 collection accounts from his CRs. Mainly by sending DV letters to CAs and also through a PFD to one CA. So it definitely benefits when you learn this all yourself. Like they say, no one cares about your credit more than you do.

Message 23 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

Im no expert with FHA loans, but if im not mistaken, I believe with most home loans you have to have collection accounts paid off.

Message 24 of 34
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

I had 24 negatives on my CR. Now I only have 6. They are low $. I know I can take care of the paperwork...that's not the issue. The issue is...i need to know if it's in my best interest to pay them or let them go, in order to get a home loan. I've been renting for 8 years and i have $30k to work with. I just know from reading that by paying off old Collections that it brings them current and they will stay on ur CR another 7 to 10 years...the SOL in Illinois. If i don't pay, they will fall off in 2015. Seems like noone can direct me as the best way to go. Even FHA is telling me to get rid of the Collections. So I guess my dreams of home ownership are not going to happen next year.

Message 25 of 34
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm not 100%, but if FHA sees a derog that says balance 0, they'll turn a blind eye to it, but anything over $100 will be questioned by the underwriter, and maybe (stretching this) forgiven/ignored, depending on the total derogs. On a conventional 20, they'll expect to see zeros/paid.

Message 26 of 34
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

So, my question... do I pay the settlement MCM offered since they have written down they will mark it "Paid in Full" once I pay the settlement? Or do they then have the option to sell the rest of the debt to another CA? These things I have not seen anywhere but i've heard of tricks these CA's play. How long would it take for my credit to recover by paying off 6 collections, 4 of which are under $100.

Message 27 of 34
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

1)Always get it in writing, before sending them money. "pay for deletion" not "settled," which means the remaining balance is sold off to another CA

2) Don't forget that you'll probably wind up doing a rapid rescore, right before the mortgage app.

3) Depending on what the collections are... if they're cards, it might actually lower your AAOA, and credit spread (even derogs have a good credit symbiosis), which can drop your points. If they're all from CA's you'll go up in points, if some are from OC's you just might lose something good.

Message 28 of 34
Etno
Valued Member

Both my husband and I have had an account with them, and each time they were horrible. I understand that they are trying to collect a debt, but they are ridiculous to deal with. They almost never answer, like you experienced. I ended up just paying them and disputing the accounts. They didn't respond on my husband's so his was deleted but they did verify my account. I got so tired of dealing with them I just settled and hoped for a goodwill removal or something else. This whole dance took almost a year, that's why I gave up! It was very stressful. Good luck with them, try not to let them stress you out too much!!

Message 29 of 34
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

burned2manybridges, they are all CA's, not OC's. Hopefully this is better than the OC's? and in the form I got from MCM it says this..." Your Credit report will be updated with each payment made, and once you've completed your agreed-upon payments to settle the account, your credit report will be updated as "Paid In Full." So does that mean it won't show as "settled" and that they won't sell it off to another CA?

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.