cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Mgmt MCM - Validated or what?

tag
ruler65

Midland Credit Mgmt MCM - Validated or what?

Anyone had success getting Midland Credit Management removed from the credit report?  I continue to dispute the validity of the debt but the big 3 continue to report it as validated.  I received a letter from MCM asking me to provide them with information, and I responded by sending them a letter Certified Return Receipt Requested telling them it was their responsibility as they were the ones reporting the information.  It was a great letter, but not sure how to get it to them. After all that work and expense I received the letter back from the post office stating "not deliverable as addressed unable to forward".  The letter they sent me was dated 2/7/2009 mine was dated 2/13/2009 returned 2/18/2009 with a cost of $4.12. 

How can I get the bureaus to respond?  Not to mention the amount they say I owe:

1/31/09   $15,766

2/14/09   $16,751   ($985 for 14 days)

2/26/09   $16,811   ($60 for 14 days)

Any advice would be wonderful!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Mgmt MCM - Validated or what?

Well, I haven't gotten them to remove, but I have a current address for them at home.  What address did you use that got returned??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Mgmt MCM - Validated or what?

Did you use the address on the letter you got from them?

As for it being their responsibility.........well if you are disputing with the CRA, this gives them the right to ask you for supporting documents and more information regarding your dispute. This is why you should DV before disputing.

It is only their responsibility when you DV them.

I did get them removed after filing a BBB complaint against them, the ended up agreeing to delete. When they didn't within 30 days, I filed a BBB complaint against the alleged OC. It wasn't my account though and they wouldn't respond to my DV request.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.