Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Mgmt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Mgmt

Hello,

Long story short:  I got some calls from Midland Credit Management, never answered.  Got a letter from them a couple weeks later with a supposed debt from Associates Bank with an account number that I do not recognize, nor is it on any of my credit reports. 

So, I DV'd them CMRRR, got the RRR back, but no debt validation.  However, just yesterday I pull my experian report and MCM is now reporting this collection without DVing.  Also, I got a call from "Riddle and Associates Law Firm" that I didn't answer this morning, and I imagine it's for the same thing. 

I beleive this debt stems from a Target card that I went delinquent on about 5 years ago (within SOL in CO), which was then sold to Asset Acceptance, and then I believe sold to MCM.  However, the account number that they reference doesn't show up in any documentation I have. 

So, what do I do about them reporting to the bureaus without DVing?

Also, what should I do about "Riddle and Associates Law Firm"?  From some research, it sounds like they are totally just a ripoff company...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Mgmt

Is this on any other reports??  Do you have all 3 that you get free each year?? (go to my sig block for free report)  The reports directly from each CRA will have all the detailed info you need to match up OC & CA acct #'s.  CA will have original OC acct # listed.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Mgmt

I pulled my other reports a month or two ago, so they don't have any info for this new account on them...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.