Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit - Need help

tag
moneystinks
New Contributor

Midland Credit - Need help

I have a collection on my report from Midland Funding (OC - HSBC).  I don't think this was my card, I think it was my ex-husbands who had me as an authorized user.  Anyways the date of last activity was 11/09 and is past the statute of limitations. 

I was wondering if anyone had any examples of a dv letter for something this old that I have not recieved anything in the mail on, etc.?  Every example I've looked at (and ones I've sent in the past) have been for notices that I've received.  Since I've received no letter, etc., I'm not sure how to word it? 

Obviously, I want it taken off, disputing from the credit bureaus, they just put a "Customer disputes this account" and didn't really verify.  

I would think that the next thing I would do would be to send them a letter directly, but I'm not sure how to word it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Credit - Need help

Midland is cancer!!  You will first need to do a debt validation letter.  Send it certified return receipt requested mail.  There are quite a few debt validation example letters on the forum.  Try doing a search, if that doesn't help I am sure someone will post an example real soon.  Good luck!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit - Need help

I just got something resolved with Midland the other day.

It hasn't come off yet, but after disputing the the CFPB, BBB, and both my and their states' attorney generals, they agreed to remove it from my credit report and promise not to sell the account or try to collect anymore.

I won't send my complaint letter, because it was very specific to my situation, but it seems that anyone who has had trouble with Midland and gotten it resolved did so by filing a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). If they have done anything at all shady or that goes against regulations (not sent you verification when asked, not provided with details of what the debt is for and why you owe it when asked, contacted you outside normal hours, or provided details about the debt to anyone else), then definitely mention that. You should also describe why you do not believe the debt is yours. If the original creditor happens to be T-Mobile, you can also mention the recent findings that T-Mobile was charging consumers bogus fees and therefore you don't believe the amount owed is correct.. etc.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.