Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Settle and Delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Settle and Delete

This question is for DH.  We are approved for an FHA refi, with conditions.  One of which is that an old Sears account now owned by Midland show as a $0.  It now shows as "no status".   This is from an account closed 5 years ago.   We've been in the mortgage process for a couple of months, during which time we were told this account was "not a problem".  Now it is, and we don't have a lot of time to go through sending letters back and forth.

What is the best course of action?  My DH is hesitant to talk to them and open up a whole can of worms so to speak.  He tried to call and talk to someone without being recorded.  Left a message on an unidentified voicemail and no call back. 

If anyone has advice, please post or PM me.  I've done quite a lot of reading on Midland and it seems as if they truly are sharks, and that people have mixed results when dealing with them. 

TIA!

Lisa

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Settle and Delete

Is the debt outside your states suing SOL?

If it isn't I wouldn't send them anything unless you could pay in full.  They like to bring suit.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is thank goodness!!
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I taking it the debt is yours.

I just realized it showed a 0 balance at one time.  It has been paid?

You can always ask them to delete it. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it hasn't been paid. We want to settle and either have it show a $0 balance or have it deleted.

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.