Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit management Help

tag
No1coltsfan
Established Member

Midland Credit management Help

Ok, not sure what to do. I've been reading lots of info on MCM and they don't seem like a fun company to deal with. Just trying to figure out my best course of action for this account. 

I guess they obtained an old Ikea credit card that at the time was only for around $150 from 2008. They showed up on my credit report on May 2013. I have since received a couple of letters from them stating they will settle my $394.90 for $236.94. I have sent a few PVD letters with no response. What would you advise my best course of action? I would really like this deleted all together. Also, the Ikea account is also still showing on my CR. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Credit management Help

PVD letters? Do you mean PFD letter? I would have sent a DV letter to them CMRRR first. Since they sent you two notices and you haven't replied to them, sending a DV at this point will be considered untimely. I would accept their offer. Showing settled in full is better than showing unpaid or settled for less in a manual review of your credit report.

DaBears

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.