cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit response...what does it mean???

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Midland Credit response...what does it mean???

I received the following letter from Midland Credit

Dear Mrs. ....

Thank you for your recent correspondence.  The purpose of this letter is to inform you that we can not delet our credit reporting of the acct. as requested.  This is in pursuant to the FCRA, that we are required to accurately report your account and transactions with you, and by deleting the above refferenced account would be an inaccurate reporting.  HOWEVER, WE WILL CONTINUE TO REQUEST THAT THE THREE MAJOR BUREAUS LIST THE STATUS OF THIS ACCOUNT AS "DISPUTED".

we can be reached at XXXXXXXX, should you have any questions

Sincerely, Customer relations

Okay so i'm confused, why listed it as disputed when i offered to settle the account in exchange for a deletion?  Should I DV them instead? PFD again??? 

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Credit response...what does it mean???

@lovemybabiesx2 wrote:

I received the following letter from Midland Credit

Dear Mrs. ....

Thank you for your recent correspondence.  The purpose of this letter is to inform you that we can not delet our credit reporting of the acct. as requested.  This is in pursuant to the FCRA, that we are required to accurately report your account and transactions with you, and by deleting the above refferenced account would be an inaccurate reporting.  HOWEVER, WE WILL CONTINUE TO REQUEST THAT THE THREE MAJOR BUREAUS LIST THE STATUS OF THIS ACCOUNT AS "DISPUTED".

we can be reached at XXXXXXXX, should you have any questions

Sincerely, Customer relations

Okay so i'm confused, why listed it as disputed when i offered to settle the account in exchange for a deletion?  Should I DV them instead? PFD again??? 

If you are trying to buy a house you do NOT want it to be listed as disputed.  This is their b.s. way of saying NO and then trying to get you back bc CA's know disputes are bad on credit reports.

Write another PFD letter but send it to someone else at that company.  Midland is mentioned a lot around here so use the search box and see what you can find.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 10
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

UGGGHHH YES we are trying to buy a house by next year, gosh darn it!!!  So i shouldn't do the DV, just another PFD?  I sent a correspondence through email (which i assume THIS is the response from that email, although i received an email back stating i needed to CALL to discuss the issue) then i got this in the mail today...grrrrr okay, gonna write another letter, this really sucks!

Message 3 of 10
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

What if I went ahead and did a DV CMRRR?  would that at least set the clock where i could get the dispute off if they can't validate it?

Message 4 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

First DV - then if you agree, PFD.  Have you not DV'd yet?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 10
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

i thought i did DV them, but i think i may have been over anxious and sent the PFD out instead, hoping i could just pay it off and get rid of it...I'm certain the debt is valid.  Just got really confused when i got that letter in the mail and they are just going to update their records as "disputed" and i believe i sent a PIF for delete letter to them too!  Bunch of butts!  I mean they were going to get ALL their money and yet they do this instead!  uggghhh

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I did.

After trying DV and PFD unsuccessfully repeatedly (including for the amounts they offered - 40% off all the time), I PAID THE 40% OFF using their website (if it shows the 100% amount, there was a "I can't pay today" link that shows the 40% off amount).

IMMEDIATELY after payment cleared my bank, I sent a GW to a list of emails gleaned from google (hint: google "Email to the bigwigs") and the account was gone within a week and I received delete letters from the CEO within a couple weeks.

My Goodwill letter was personal and nice.

YMMV. Good Luck

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you an a good contact email for fax for MCM? Please PM me!

Message 8 of 10
Penister1983
Established Member

Could someone explain to me what "DV" & the other abbreviations mean ! I have a few collection accounts with Midland that I would also like to have removed. I don't know much about credit but Im trying to improve mine.

Thanks in advance !!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV means Debt Valadation. Must be done with in 30 days of their first notice to help you which sounds like that has probably passed.... As a note, there is a section in here that breaks down all the abbreviations... Just for future reference.

Midland does NOT have good records and for me, they reported wrong information. I disputed with all 3 CRAs.

They verified which they always will

I then disputed per section FCRA 623 for them to provide me with the documentation they had that allowed them verify my dispute (google some sample "623 dispute" letters)

Send CCRM

They legally have to reply to that in 30 days or REMOVE. End of story.

Then, they may not reply. Happened to me.

I sent another letter... No reponse...

50 days later I started with emailing.

Google the name of their CEO and then gooogle "midland and legal and director". They change alot so the names I had may not be current.. But that wil bring you names of legal directors and the CEO. I emailed all of them together.....Each time documentating how many attempts have been made to resolve, dates letters signed for and by who.

Then told them I would be personally sending letters addressed to them specifially to help my "case" in court should they still choose to ingnore the laws.

Long story short, after that last email, I had a letter with in 3 days that they were deleting the tradeline.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.