Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland DV advice

tag
aldex
Valued Member

Midland DV advice

If i'm not out of the SOL yet, but I want to validate..how would i go about it if I have more than one account with them? Do I validate a the same time or do I space them out?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland DV advice

@aldex wrote:

If i'm not out of the SOL yet, but I want to validate..how would i go about it if I have more than one account with them? Do I validate a the same time or do I space them out?

I would do 1 at a time but Im sure they know how many your have with them and would validate them all at once. I would only send that DV if I had every penny available to PIF as they very well might come at you with lawsuits.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland DV advice

Did they send dunning notice?

If so, when?

If not sent within the 30 day perod sent in their dunning notice, a DV would be untimely, and thus invoke to cease collection bar on them.

Do you have actual basis for questioning the legitimacy of the debt?

If so, and a DV at this point would be untimely, then you could still challenge the debt, but would, unlike a DV, have the obligation to provide some supporting documentation in order to compel and investigation and consideration of a dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.