Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Delete: FAIL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Delete: FAIL!

Poured my heart out on the phone, and all i got was "we have to report correctly to all three credit bureaus, until it falls off of your reports, which in your case will be 2015" and that was it :/

i guess i'll give up now Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Delete: FAIL!

Don't call these people!  You are better off typing up a letter and sending it through USPS.  Don't give up though!  Just keep sending letters and hope eventually it will get to the right hands.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure what to write though... I am so tired of working with them...

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your account paid off with Midland?  If so then all you need to do is write an honest letter to the big boss and explain how not only are they on your report but so is the OC and this is hurting your chances of attaining any credit.  I know this because I dealt with them and I had a judgment issued.  I paid off the judgment, wrote a email to the CEO of Midland and got an email back within a couple of days from Management asking to call in.  Keep your head up.  This can be frustrating at times but persistence will pay off.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

no it isn't paid off, technically. i only made 1 out of 2 settlement payments. but like i mentioned, yesterday i called and the rep told me that they hadn't updated my payment status and that she was doing that as we were talking, and that my account was now paid in full and that i would be receiving a letter in the mail saying so

Message 5 of 16
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I PM'd you the contact info the other day.  We should discuss this....

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i replied Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had any luck with Midland thus far and have sent off numerous GW letters to various people in the company.

I am not giving up though. I have a new contact name to try :-)

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sent an email today, will keep you updated

Message 9 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You cannot force the deletion of accurately reported information, but you can, at the very least, require them to promptly update the status to paid once the debt is settled.  Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(2)(B), they have a duty to promptly update any information previously reported when necessary to keep the information accurate and complete. That will at least update your CR to show the paid status to any party pulling your CR.

I agree that persuading a party to act contrary to their normal no delete policy will usually require someone higher up in the food chain with the authority to grant case by case exceptions.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.