Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Delete

tag
shtws
New Contributor

Midland Delete

I just wanted to let everyone know that Midland replied to my GW and deleted TL off my CRA. 

Just funny how there were no changes to my EQ scores.  Disappointed but happy that 1 collection off and 5 more to go.

609 EQ

659 TU

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland Delete

Congrats!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How was there no change to your credit score???

If a negative account disappears....?? It should raise your score even just a little?..shouldn't it?

Message 3 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ALS719 wrote:

How was there no change to your credit score???

If a negative account disappears....?? It should raise your score even just a little?..shouldn't it?

The law of diminishing returns comes into play w/ FICO scoring. If you are in bad shape and CA after CA after CA after CA hits, the damage greatly diminishes. Conversely as you get them removed, the damage is minimal after a couple but as they begin to disappear, the points increase as they drop, depending of course on your other history.

Same applies to inquiries, utilization, and so forth. For example, going from 90% util to 80% won't help one bit. But going from 15% to 5% can give you a significant bump.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so if there are only two CA's and one of mine happens to be a midland thats getting deleted my score will definitely go up...? Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ALS719 wrote:
ok so if there are only two CA's and one of mine happens to be a midland thats getting deleted my score will definitely go up...? Smiley Wink

It should. If that other CA is newer than MCM, then you might not see much of a gain. Age come into play too.

My second to last CA was removed and saw something like a 24 pt gain (forgot which CRA). I removed my last CA (noly a couple months old) and saw over a 100 points gain. YMMV.

Message 6 of 17
boireann
Regular Contributor

I had three CAs.  Getting rid of two of them only brought my score up 20 points.  The final CA was holding down my score.  So I can see you score not moving with 4 more CAs to deal with.  I bet you'll start to see some movement with the next CA you get rid of.

I just recently got rid on my last CA, but haven't pulled my scores yet.  I'm expecting a good 50 point increase.  Okay, I'm HOPING for that much.

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shtws wrote:

I just wanted to let everyone know that Midland replied to my GW and deleted TL off my CRA. 

Just funny how there were no changes to my EQ scores.  Disappointed but happy that 1 collection off and 5 more to go.

609 EQ

659 TU

shtws,

can you tell me where did you send your GW letter. I'm having a hard time getting them remove. And if you dont mind can you send me a sample of your letter..

thanks in adv...Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shtws,

Could you please PM me the contact info/method you used for your Midland deletion?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 9 of 17
jada0607
Valued Member

I'd like to know where you sent your GW letters to as well.  Can you PM me?

Starting Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Current Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Goal Score: 760+

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.