Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deleted!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Deleted!!

I received an email saying my Experian dispute is finished and that I can view it now. While reviewing it I was shocked! Midland deleted!! They were reporting inaccurately and I've tried so many ways, this being the second or third dispute with them. And now they are gone off of my Experian report!! I wish I had a way to find out what my true Experian score is!!

My question now is, since it deleted off of Experian will it delete off of the other two as well? Or should I try to dispute the other two also?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Deleted!!

This delete off of Experian leaves my Experian report with one paid collection and one account with a late! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere!

Message 2 of 6
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Sad to say but Midland will put this collection/factoring account back on and it will actually lower your score. They did they same thing when I disputed all 3 credit bureaus. MCM deleted them all for about 3 months and then put them right back on, incorrect information and all. I've even tried to re-dispute, it remained. I contacted and disputed through BBB and they fought back/won. UGH!

For your sake, I do hope that it remains deleted for you...but honestly I think it's wishful thinking.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If, upon resolution of a dispute filed through one CRA, the furnisher is either unable to corrrect or verify the accuracy of the disputed information, and thus deletes as the result of the dispute, it is not sufficient for them to report that result only to the CRA handling the dispute.

FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) requires that they additionally report that result to "all other consumer reporting agencies to which the person furnished the information."

Thus, you dont have to file the same dispute with each CRA.  It is the furnisher's responsiblity to resolve it with each CRA.

I would file a direct dispute with the debt collector, with the basis of the asserted inaccuracy being its non-compliance with section 623(b)(1)(D).

I suggest a direct dispute as opposed to filing through the CRA, as it is solely the furnisher's acts that are at issue, and I see no need to bring the CRA into the picture, muddling it through their e-Oscar process.

With their deletion having come about as the result of a dispute, they cannot simply have their collection reinserted by simply reporting.

As a pre-condition to any reinserted, they are required to first provide a certification of its accuracy to the CRA, and the CRA must accept that certification before they are permitted to reinsert the deleted information.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the information. I will do that immediately!
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.