Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deleted!

tag
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Midland Deleted!

YAY!!!  

Midland Funding deleted from my Equifax, as of this morning. 

It was an old GECRB/ Old Navy Account from 2009, I think. I paid Midland in full in 03/2012 without a PFD agreement as it was before i knew about it or even this forum.  Ive been GWing them through e-mail, letters, and phone calls since early December. A rep told me that they would mark it "as disputed" because I kept asking them to remove it and they said no. Even though I didnt want them to mark it as disputed, he said that it's their policy to mark it as disputered and it will lower my score, so he suggested that I stop with the GWs. But NO! I didnt listen, I just turned up the heat!! And because they added "consumer disputes this account" to my EQ and my EXP, I just initaited online disputes for them. Might as well, right!? So on New Years, i decided to dispute the info on my account directly through the CRAs. 

EQ sent me an alert -- it's been deleted  : 

We have researched the credit account. Account # - XXXXXXXXX The results are: This item has been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Midland Credit MGMT Inc

So YAAAAY! I cant wait to app to NFCU for a re-fi now Smiley Happy Do u think they can use the same HP to do both my re-fi and my CLI? I hope so! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Deleted!

Grats! It seems once people pay them and you dispute it they simply dont respond since they got there money and the cra's end up deleting it. I had them deleted off 2 reports after paying and disputing. Oh and right after I apped for a Discover it and got approved for $1,500 Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
nmjacobs
Contributor

Thanks for sharing! We are literally paying Midand this morning (electronically with a pre-paid debit card that we got just for paying these snakes so they get paid right away but have no access to our checking/savings accounts).  We settled with them for 40% too, which I thought was great.  We are trying to buy a house in about 2-3 months (we have already met our lender and are doing what he told us to do; pay off all collections).  How long after you disputed with the CRA did it get deleted? It looks like 2-3 weeks? And from then, how long before your score went up? Was it right away? Sorry for so many questions! Congrats!

Message 3 of 6
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@nmjacobs wrote:

Thanks for sharing! We are literally paying Midand this morning (electronically with a pre-paid debit card that we got just for paying these snakes so they get paid right away but have no access to our checking/savings accounts).  We settled with them for 40% too, which I thought was great.  We are trying to buy a house in about 2-3 months (we have already met our lender and are doing what he told us to do; pay off all collections).  How long after you disputed with the CRA did it get deleted? It looks like 2-3 weeks? And from then, how long before your score went up? Was it right away? Sorry for so many questions! Congrats!

40% is a great deal. Good work! 

I Paid midland in 03/2012 before i was in the forums and knew that items could be deleted! 

My dispute was submitted on 12/21 and deleted on 1/18. 

COMPLETED12/21/201201/18/2013Viewed

I would assume that if I checked my score today, it would be higher than yesterday, but I will not be pulling my EQ until February since I'm going on an app spree then. I dont want to waste money  with a pull today AND then in Feb. 

Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats! It seems once people pay them and you dispute it they simply dont respond since they got there money and the cra's end up deleting it. I had them deleted off 2 reports after paying and disputing. Oh and right after I apped for a Discover it and got approved for $1,500 Smiley Happy

Nice work! I will be applying for Discover It in february. Glad to hear good stories about approvals for it. 

Editted: BTW, what was ur FICO when u apped and who did they pull?

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely Awesome!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.