Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deleted!!

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Midland Deleted!!

After checking my TU report this morning I noticed that Midalnd has been deleted. I know alot of people have had difficulty getting them to delete so I wanted to let you all know what worked for me. Midland has not yet deleted from EQ and EX but hopefully ill see those deletions soon.

I tried a PFD with them and they refused. After researching everything I could find on here in regards to Midland I found out about the FTC order from 2008 regarding Compu Credit and several credit cards that were issued by them and their subsidiaries....i.e. Columbus Bank and Trust. This collection was for an Aspire Visa that was charged off in 2007.

According to the FTC order all tradlines from the original creditor were to be deleted from credit repots but the order seems to be vague in regards to 3rd party collection reporting. The order included a few different cards, Aspire, Tribute, Total and maybe some others.

Anyhow, I wrote a short letter and sent it certified mail to Midland. I cited the FTC  case number with the  order to remove tradlines from Aspire Visa(Columbus Bank and Trust and demanded that they comply with this order and that the OC had already complied and deleted the tradline in 2008.

Hope this info can help some of you that have trouble with Midland.

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland Deleted!!

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 71
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo! Welcome to the "Midland was finally removed rom my CR" club!! Smiley Happy Feels so good! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 71
Kixforpa
Contributor

By any chance do you know exactly which Credit Card Companies? I saw you listed Aspire and Total. Now let's say that someone else besides Midland as one of these cards would this work the same?

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 4 of 71
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Wow... there sure is a got them sucKers to delete club building right now ! Congrats!

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 5 of 71
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Mishwatson wrote:

Wow... there sure is a got them sucKers to delete club building right now ! Congrats!

indeed!! Im thrilled.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 71
IWOL
Established Contributor

Ive seen others here who had these cards from Compu Credit deleted by Jefferson Capital as well.  There is a thread in the forums that has the FTC/FDIC orders attached that shows which banks and cards where included in ther order.I dont have a link to the thread but if you search for "Midland" you will find the thread that has the orders attached. I would review the entire order and see if the card you had is covered.

Its not clear in the order as to how it pertains to 3rd party collectors but its worth sending out a certified leter to the collection agency and cite the FTC order and demand that they comply with the order.

Which card did you have and who is the CA?

Message 7 of 71
426MW
New Contributor

Midland received my letter with the exact info on Monday.  I am awaiting their response.  How long did it take you from start to finish with them?

For anyone that is interested the FTC Case #1:08-cv-01976-BBM-RGV Document 165 Filed 12/19/2008.  Important pages are 4, 5, 8 & 11.

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 71
IWOL
Established Contributor

It didnt take very long at all. I sent the certified letter out on Monday the 28th, Im close to San Diego where they are located so it was delivered the next day and it was deleted from Transunion today.

Im surprised that it came off Transunion first because in my past expreince they are usually the last of the three to delete. Still waiting for EQ and EX to delete.

Good luck with your letter.

Message 9 of 71
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm impressed.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.