Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deleted

tag
howiez28
New Contributor

Midland Deleted

Well, I disputed some minor errors with Equifax.  It took a month but I got a message today that the TL is deleted.  I want to be excited but worried that it could return since it was for $18,000.   It was due to fall off next year.  What are the chances that it could pop back up again?

I haven't received an alert from FICO yet so I don't know if this is going to affect my score.  I do know that it did nothing to my Equifax Fako score which I thought was kinda odd.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland Deleted

@howiez28 wrote:

Well, I disputed some minor errors with Equifax.  It took a month but I got a message today that the TL is deleted.  I want to be excited but worried that it could return since it was for $18,000.   It was due to fall off next year.  What are the chances that it could pop back up again?

I haven't received an alert from FICO yet so I don't know if this is going to affect my score.  I do know that it did nothing to my Equifax Fako score which I thought was kinda odd.

$18K??? Wow...

Frankly, anything could happen. I had a TL duplicate itself, completely disappear, and then reappear. Chances are EQ couldn't verify at all. On one hand, Midland could've sold it and another CA can pop back up.

Hopefully it won't come back!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland Deleted

It depends upon what you disputed, and what was found to be inaccurate/unverified as a result of your dispute.

Reinsertion restrictions go to the information found in a dispute to be inaccurate or unverifiable.  That information cannot be reinserted without following the specific reinsertion provisions of FCRA 611(a)(5)(B), which basically require submission of a Certification that, notwistanding the earlier deletion, the information has now been verified as accurate.  The CRA must then rule of the adequacy of the Certification before the information can be reinserted

If that process has been followed, you are required to receive written notice from the CRA within 5 days of any reinsertion advising you of that action.

However, if the reinserted information was not the issue in the disptue, there are no reinsertion restrictions.

What was disputed, and what was the finding in the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.