Thank you so very much!!!!

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 41 of 71
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Re: Midland Deleted!!

Then it's time to go to the next step as IWOL suggested. No more phone calls as it shows desperation which makes those sharks smell blood.
12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 42 of 71
chiquis1

I just filed the complaint with the BBB, I did not receive anything from Tribute. I uploaded the FTC ruling along with the documentation MCM has sent me and the "shady looking" statement they sent me that is apparently from Tribute transactions, which only amount to less than $200, the rest are Tribute fees. Also the letter they sent me about me providing them with anything I had on Tribute since they had limited information. 

Im unsure on what exactly they are charging me so much for. I just see the balance increase/update on my equifax every week or so. 

Starting Score: 536
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 43 of 71
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I think your first mistake is trying to deal with Midland by phone. The people at these CA's tend to have a nasty attitude and will tell you anything they can to collect money.

You need to deal with the Tribute charge off by mail. Just follow what is says in this thread. Send them a letter, certified mail,  citing the FDIC ruling along with copies of the rulings relveant pages. If they dont comply with the order then file a complaint with the BBB, the AG and the CPFB.

IWOL....I will be mailing mine tomorrow. Which pages do you recommend sending and Highlighting? Or send them all?

Thanks in Advance

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 44 of 71
IWOL
Established Contributor

I don't know off hand what the exact page numbers are but I would include page 1 of the order, the page that identifies the banks included in the suit, the page that names the credit cards included in the order and the page that has the heading F. Credit Reporting,which stipulates the removal of the trade lines.

I highlighted the relevant information on each page. I think you have a better shot at them deleting if you send it like that instead of sending the whole orrdr which I think is like 45 pages. I think it demonstrates that you have thoroughly read the order and that you understand exactly what it stipulates.

Message 45 of 71
preacherk

Did anyone pay their collection first or just requested to delete based on the FTC order?

Message 46 of 71
fecfec
Established Member

Thanks for the info. I amtyping my letter now!

Message 47 of 71
CoolKid01

Thanks guys, Im going to send my letter to midland this WEEK!

Message 48 of 71
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@preacherk wrote:

Did anyone pay their collection first or just requested to delete based on the FTC order?

I did not pay mine. Hope this helps....but my was also very old....Set to fall off next year....So i don't know if that factored into their decision or not.

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 49 of 71
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@chiquis1 wrote:

I just filed the complaint with the BBB, I did not receive anything from Tribute. I uploaded the FTC ruling along with the documentation MCM has sent me and the "shady looking" statement they sent me that is apparently from Tribute transactions, which only amount to less than $200, the rest are Tribute fees. Also the letter they sent me about me providing them with anything I had on Tribute since they had limited information. 

Im unsure on what exactly they are charging me so much for. I just see the balance increase/update on my equifax every week or so. 

I just received the letter and "shady looking" statement from Midland today after faxing over dispute and citing the FTC ruling (with the pages attached). I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB and will post how that turns out. Either way, it is set to age off of my reports 8/2013 so either way it will be gone soon. Can you please post if your complaint worked?

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.