Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Dispute

tag
Shyone44
Contributor

Midland Dispute

I have an old Verizon phone (landline) collection that Midland has now. The problem is that the old accout went to a charge off in 2006, so it's should be close to falling off. But Midland is reporting as a Factoring Account and that it won't fall off till 2/2015, If I understand it correctly, the debt can only be reported for 7 years from the DOFD, am I correct? Also, is the "Factoring Account" a correct loan type for a collection account?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland Dispute

How long has mcm had possession of this?
Message 2 of 7
Shyone44
Contributor

Reports say "Placed for collection 6/2012"

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Dunning notices? Are they the first ca to collect? On phone short replies.
Message 4 of 7
Shyone44
Contributor

No, I don't think they are the first CA trying to collect. I had disputed the charges with Verizon when I was first billed for them ($146). I was told that they would credit my account, but after months of fighting back and forth in 2006, they never did credit it.  I never got a notice from Midland about the collection, I just saw it on my reports.

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Prep DV for midland, and I'd contact OC to verify last payment, and to see if you can't follow through with their "crediting account" as you described. If the CA has reported since June, they might consider dv untimely, and don't have to follow through (30 day window for being timely/cease collection until verified).
Message 6 of 7
Shyone44
Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:
Prep DV for midland, and I'd contact OC to verify last payment, and to see if you can't follow through with their "crediting account" as you described. If the CA has reported since June, they might consider dv untimely, and don't have to follow through (30 day window for being timely/cease collection until verified).

Thanks so much for the advice, I will contact Verizon to verify the last payment and ask about the promise to credit account

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.