Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Disputes

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Midland Disputes

I received a letter from MCM stating they are in the process of  investigating my disputes....I filed a BBB complaint almost two weeks ago. I guess that is what they mean?  They are asking me for account information to help them investigate, really? Some of you have already heard this, but I have two accounts with Midland (both should have been exlcuded from my CR 10/2013 and 11/2013--DOFD 4/2006 and 5/2006).....they mysteriously re-aged early this year (before May 2013-last lender pull). Like a fool, I threw away the old CR that had the exclusion dates on them. 

I have one last chance...I am going to ask the car dealership for a copy of my CR, I bought the car 1/2012 and I they pulled EQ...pretty sure the original DOFD are on there. I can't get anything from the OCs  The Gap and Verizon Wireless.  

Any other suggestions??

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland Disputes

@newmomnewme wrote:

I received a letter from MCM stating they are in the process of  investigating my disputes....I filed a BBB complaint almost two weeks ago. I guess that is what they mean?  They are asking me for account information to help them investigate, really? Some of you have already heard this, but I have two accounts with Midland (both should have been exlcuded from my CR 10/2013 and 11/2013--DOFD 4/2006 and 5/2006).....they mysteriously re-aged early this year (before May 2013-last lender pull). Like a fool, I threw away the old CR that had the exclusion dates on them. 

I have one last chance...I am going to ask the car dealership for a copy of my CR, I bought the car 1/2012 and I they pulled EQ...pretty sure the original DOFD are on there. I can't get anything from the OCs  The Gap and Verizon Wireless.  

Any other suggestions??

The dealership was suppose to give you a copy of your report.  You can always call the OC and ask for the DoFD. If in fact Midland change the DoFD they are in big trouble. If you decide to sue and get a consumer attorney you will get $1000 per violation. 

Message 2 of 7
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat with midland, I don't know why you should have to send them any account information... Isn't their JOB to keep up with the account information?
Message 3 of 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@DaBears, I am taking off work tomorrow to go to the dealership for a copy of the CR, I bought the car almost two years ago now. Either way, I am calling an attorney while I am off work tomorrow. Should I call your guy to see if he can suggest someone in my area? Or can I just go through him? I live in DC metro area. Thanks so much.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

+1

I'm waiting to see what action the CFPB is going to take if any. I may also need a referral. @ newmomnewme I'm also in your area...I don't understand how these people stay in business? They come up with these bogus responses that don't make any sense. The proof is there in black & white.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 5 of 7
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!  I have had such a crazy week that I have not sent out my letters yet, but I am doing it tomorrow.  I hope you get some help with this and it works out in your favor!

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@DaBears, I am taking off work tomorrow to go to the dealership for a copy of the CR, I bought the car almost two years ago now. Either way, I am calling an attorney while I am off work tomorrow. Should I call your guy to see if he can suggest someone in my area? Or can I just go through him? I live in DC metro area. Thanks so much.

When it comes to Midland he will be all over it. PM me when you get a chance.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.