Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland/Equifax-HSBC

tag
ewrcjt
Valued Member

Midland/Equifax-HSBC

Hello mifico fam. I am a long time lurker but haven't posted too many times. This site is truly amazing...kudos to all the ones who give advise-priceless. Now, the battle I am having is with Midland and Equifax.I had an HSBC credit card back in I think it was 2004 charged off in 2008 due to fall off my credit file this year. TransUnion and Experian both have deleted the account however Equifax is still reporting it. I get a letter last week from Midland wanting me to settle the account; however, on the bottom of the letteR it states, due to the age of this account this debt the is no longer reporting on your credit file. I disputed the item with Equifax and sent them a copy of the letter they are still reporting it. should I contact Midland and dispute with them or what is the best course of action? all assistance greatly appreciated. This is the year I want to get back on track with my credit.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland/Equifax-HSBC

Simply ceasing reporting will have no effect on the collection other than no longer showing updates.

Unless the debt collector additionally reports the deletion of its collection, it will remain in your credit file.

Exclusion from your credit report is solely up to the CRA.  The debt collector's involvment in credit report exclusion ends with their reporting of the DOFD.

It yhen becomes the responsibility of the CRA to monitor the time since DOFD, and ensure that they discontinue inclusion in any credit reprots they issue no later than 7 yers plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

There is no inaccuracy to form the basis for any dispute until after 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

Any exclusion piror to that date is solely at the discretion of the CRA.

Message 2 of 3
ewrcjt
Valued Member

Re: Midland/Equifax-HSBC

Ok. Got it and thanks for the quick response.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.